Power steering control valve C3

kentvette

CCCUK Member
This has today also become of interest to me, ive had my vette in pieces internally doing a full interior rest' and drove it out today to turn it round to get to the drivers side easier and a big puddle of red fluid was on the floor. leaked that badly its now empty. its dripping from the bottom of the power steering valve but could possibly be coming from the top and running down. having spent a small fortune on the interior i really don't want to spend £300 notes on a new valve. £30 odd buys the rebuild kit, gotta be worth a go hasn't it? interesting making sure everything goes back in right place but guys honestly on a scale of 1-10 how hard is it. I have completely done interior to a high standard but never tackled anything like this before.Also do you reckon i should change the hoses as a matter of course.

If you have tackled and completed the interior, this will not be difficult - different parts of the car, but the principles of meticulous methodical work remain the same.

I can send you a PM with a couple of links if you like (as I sent to "Makehay" a little while ago). Yes, definitely change the hoses when you do the job, and take not of how they fit, and which order to re-fit them. (Some details in a video link I'll send you.)

Dazaa

Well-known user
Why anyone would bother with the awful factory ps is beyond me. A Borgeson steering box is better in every way imaginable and worth every penny.