Quick flashing indicators

Richard Evans

CCCUK Member
Needing advice. I have recently bought 2007 C6. The indicators intermittently flash quicker than normal. It happens on both near side and off side indicators. All bulbs are in working order. Any ideas to solve would be a great help.

Richard Evans

CCCUK Member
Its a UK/Euro spec imported from the US 2009 by American Dreams. New to the scene. Would it be the first step to replace the bulbs

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Richard, If the car is imported from the US, its a US spec car (not UK/Euro spec). Is it occuring on front and back indicators? You have recently bought the car. Has this just started to happen/wasn't like that when you bought it? If so, I'd try some replacement bulbs.

Richard Evans

CCCUK Member
It happens both front and rear. When indicating to turn left or right most times they flash ok. But sometimes they flash quickly. I have had this before on other makes of cars but when it happened there would be one bulb that had failed (not flashing) replaced that bulb and all is well.

Rich

Administrator
Have a look behind the rear lights. I had a converted C5 and a headlight bulb was hanging down in series behind the rear lights as a resistor to compensate for the drl delete.

97BlackC5

CCCUK Member
I had a similar thing happen on my C5 a while ago, Matt @ CCM Corvettes sorted it out for me (might be worth a phone call if you are not local). Just a thought though with any electrical issues on these cars its always worth cleaning the earths (they have a few earthing points, I believe, Google is your friend) some are more exposed to the elements than others & can get corded, that tends to sort out most issues. Good luck.