Rear deck grills

antijam

CCCUK Member
Hi all , my chrome deck grills arrived today, good quality and finish , fitted in ten minutes and add just a touch of chrome on the rear deck. I think the blue sets them off well. πŸ˜πŸ‘

I think you possibly just get away with them on a coupΓ© - on a 'vert they'd look pants.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
When the grills are body colour they blend with the car, once chromed they stand out, and bring attention to themselves. Some will like it, others may not. Me personally don’t mind them chromed both on coupe or convertible models. On convertibles tho they do indeed stand out a lot more in chrome.
4509230B-7146-4FBF-92CD-136B0C867667.jpeg

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
When the grills are body colour they blend with the car, once chromed they stand out, and bring attention to themselves. Some will like it, others may not. Me personally don’t mind them chromed both on coupe or convertible models. On convertibles tho they do indeed stand out a lot more in chrome.
View attachment 19379
funny cause When they were blue I thought they almost looked like someone had painted over something that shouldnt have been painted 🀣
I think they go well with bumper cars up to and inc 73 maybe not so much the later ones. I have a set of painted grills if anyone needs a set. Otherwise they will stay with my box of bits . πŸ‘

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, they do indeed go well with chrome bumper cars as they already have β€œbling” with the bumpers. On the later cars 74-77 they can indeed look a little out of place, and can be liked or disliked.
It’s the same with the wiper grills on mid year cars, some have them chrome and love them . I tried a set 25 years ago and didn’t like them, and I love chrome. I put the original pained ones back on after about 2 hours I think. πŸ˜‚

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Just ordered a few bits from the US this morning, got a rate of $1:05, last time I ordered was in August and got what I thought was a miserable $1:20. That $1:20 sure looks good today.