Rear spring needed

ceejayjay52

New user
Hope I’m in the right section. Anyone got a good condition rear spring for my 64? Given they were fitted to 15 years worth of Vettes I’m hoping someone has one lying around ! New ones are £500 or so . Ouch !

Letank

CCCUK Member
Hope I’m in the right section. Anyone got a good condition rear spring for my 64? Given they were fitted to 15 years worth of Vettes I’m hoping someone has one lying around ! New ones are £500 or so . Ouch !
I was speaking with a member at the Nationals who said they’d had the spring on their 69 reconditioned by a company called Jones Springs in Birmingham, for just a couple of hundred quid. It also resulted in far better ride height/posture than these reproduction parts that can leave cars looking like off-roaders at the rear.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I’ve had a new leaf made by Jones. They’re a great company. And as a Black Country lad, they’re not in that crappy Birmingham place.

Gladstone St, Darlaston.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I’ve had a new leaf made by Jones. They’re a great company. And as a Black Country lad, they’re not in that crappy Birmingham place.

Gladstone St, Darlaston.
Jones Springs have supplied mega sized leaf springs for steam locomotives I have worked on . I echo Oneballs sentiments and they are a proper ` bostin` Black Country company . After all , the Black Country once produced two thirds of the worlds manufactured goods back in the good old days when we had industries to be proud of .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Jones Springs have supplied mega sized leaf springs for steam locomotives I have worked on . I echo Oneballs sentiments and they are a proper ` bostin` Black Country company . After all , the Black Country once produced two thirds of the worlds manufactured goods back in the good old days when we had industries to be proud of .
Now this is what you call a leaf spring !! It takes two of us to just slide it along the floor and a big 3 ton Tange Bottle Jack under the centre DSCF3310 (1).JPGshackle to lift it up to locate it on the spring hangers . Not sure if it is Gymkana spec though . :LOL:

John lee

New user
Mine is in really bad shape, no need to talk about it