Registering an Import - Road Fund License

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Just about to register my 1969 C3 do you have to send payment of £265 off to cover first years tax and then once registered declare it exempt as an historic or does it just start as exempt and you only need to pay the £55 first registration fee?

antijam

CCCUK Member
My understanding is that you can register the car without taxing it. Assuming your NOVA declaration has been processed, fill out a V55/5 form, pay the £55 first registration fee and once you have the V5C registration document you can tax it (for £0 if it is tax exempt and without an MoT if it's MoT exempt - check the mods you've made to the car). You'll need a V112 form to declare MoT exemption.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Just b prepared for a very and bumpy ride with the DVLA . Unless they have finally employed someone that knows what they are doing !

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I must admit that I have never had any problems with registering vehicles at the DVLA. Obviously since their complete move to welsh wales it’s now all done by post rather than a visit to the local office, but I’ve had no problems. My last two cars all done without any problems earlier this year. Very sad to hear all the problems you guys have been having. Hopefully it will now improve.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Yes , and even though Welsh roads are better maintained than England`s , you can still count on a long and bumpy ride !

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Yes , and even though Welsh roads are better maintained than England`s , you can still count on a long and bumpy ride !
Yes , can say a polite and gentile approach might help making sure to ask their advice and pleading ignorance too. Your applications are totally in their hands and can easily be put to the bottom of the pile I should imagine if in your frustration you come across as a bit pushy. Was refused at my first application which was frustrating but got it at second attempt , once its done, the excitement overides the previous frustrating long waits and seemingly lack of anything happening. . Good luck 👍

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Yes , can say a polite and gentile approach might help making sure to ask their advice and pleading ignorance too. Your applications are totally in their hands and can easily be put to the bottom of the pile I should imagine if in your frustration you come across as a bit pushy. Was refused at my first application which was frustrating but got it at second attempt , once its done, the excitement overides the previous frustrating long waits and seemingly lack of anything happening. . Good luck 👍

Did you get anything to say they were looking at it?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Did you get anything to say they were looking at it?
No, I chased it up after 5 weeks and they said it hadnt been looked at and they dont notify you to say it is in the system.
a simple email acknowledging receipt of your application and that it should be processed within x number of weeks would go a long way to put folks minds at rest.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
No, I chased it up after 5 weeks and they said it hadnt been looked at and they dont notify you to say it is in the system.
a simple email acknowledging receipt of your application and that it should be processed within x number of weeks would go a long way to put folks minds at rest.
That was your first BIG mistake expecting good old fashioned common courtesy and polite and diligent service . It don`t exist anymore . :(