registration problem .

NICK4568

New user
Hi all , i've just imported a C5 2002 , i have sent all relevant documents to the DVLA , But they also need the exact date of build ( not just the year ) . Any ideas where i would get this from as it's not on the title from the states .
Thanks .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The V5C form for my 1980 model year C3 just states " Declared manufactured 1979 " as the only documentation I have states the vehicle was produced on or about December 19th 1979 . That satisfied the DVLA back in 2016 when the car came into the UK .

FIVE RED

CCCUK Member
Best thing is to buy a laminated Build Sheet from the NCM in Bowling Green. It's a nice document to have with all of the build details of the car, but importantly for you on the top right of the sheet it states the date and time the car came off the production line.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Look at the edge of drivers door, there should be a date there
Or contact the NCM, them with VIN # and they should be able to tell you build date

You also can buy copies from them the build sheet and window stickers for that VIN #

Corvette

Well-known user
When your C5 left the factory the build sheet was in the front chassis cross rail, a big long rolled piece of paper full of what you need, hopefully it’s still in there mine was.

Invetterate

CCCUK Member
Hi all , i've just imported a C5 2002 , i have sent all relevant documents to the DVLA , But they also need the exact date of build ( not just the year ) . Any ideas where i would get this from as it's not on the title from the states .
Thanks .
If you are a member of the Club, you can obtain an official dating letter from us free of charge. We have written many over the years and these have usually been successful with the DVLA. If you do join, mention it to the Membership Secretary who will pass it to me as I seem to do them these days for the Club! You will need to provide the VIN and I will date it from this and provide a hard copy letter [on Club headed paper] for you to send on to the DVLA with you other paperwork. Please note they do not accept electronic versions.
Hope you enjoy your Vette!
Mark