Remote Fob

Wargriff

New user
Hi,

I have just had a remote fob sent from America, but cannot get it to sync with the car.
Watched all videos and done as shown.
Instead of waiting for another set to come from America, are there any UK suppliers that can provide an after market option?

Any help appreciated.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Is your C5 a Euro car or a US car?

Things like key fobs and TPMS operate on different radio frequencies in different markets. US fobs won't work with Euro cars. So far as I'm aware Euro fobs are as rare as hens' teeth.

I don't know whether there are are any after market options.

monty

CCCUK regional rep
If it’s the same for the C5 as it is for the C7 then both fobs need to have the same part number, I found out by the very reason you are probably not able to sync the new one you got from the USA.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Hi, It has the two reversing lights either side of rear plate. So assuming US spec.
That sounds likely, unless someone has swapped the rear fascia to get rid of the Euro fog lamps. If the car has fixed towing hooks projecting front and rear it's definitely not a US car. Or you can check its original destination market from the VIN number.

C5 key fobs did not stay the same all the way through production years, so you need the right fob for the right car. Mid-America sell two different ones (in fact three!),
1997 -2000 and
2001-2004