Reprogramming ECU-URGENT HELP!

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
The ECU for my Vette has at last been returned ready to reprogram, question, hope somebody can help, flash chips were reset (no idea what that involved) the guy working on this needs to know which chip you program and with which file. Car is a 95 LT1. This has been a bloody nightmare!!!

Last edited:

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Boy, that really pisses me off after all these weeks

That shop is the one that bricked your PCM and should have replaced it back than on their money
I even did some searches and pointed the 1994-95 PCMs, new and used to him, I found

He emailed me two days ago asking me what you're asking here and also sent me raw GM code I have no way to look at

I do know which of the I/Cs in yours is the calibration flash chip

Only can show what flash chip looks like on a C5 PCM as I removed memory flash chip and soldered in a I/C socket so flash chip later on
simply pulls in and out

Bottom photo is stock and can see the shape of the flash chip
Top photo is after I installed an I/C socket, what a pain in the balls to work on surface mounted I/Cs :-(

PCMsocketed.jpg

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
So i assume that PCM is from a C5. Starting to think I'm never getting the total disaster sorted, wish I'd just replaced the smog/secondary fan.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Mick you're a better man then me as I would have gone to that shop with a baseball bat weeks ago :)

Yes, I was showing the main board of a 1999 C5

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
It's gotten nasty now, refusing to work on the car any more and removing it from the workshop to leave outside. Reckon need solicitors involved now!

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I sure hope Mick that you get the car towed out of there before some unknown reason it gets stripped !
They F'd up from the get go and made the problems you have now

Sue them for even more damages as losing your car to even get to work and elsewhere :-(

Mick Howes

CCCUK Member
I have a friend, mechanic, just acquired a 92 LT1, breaking fir spares, been talking to him, he'll let me have the ECU and secondary air pump. But I will be pursuing recompence from this guy who has F'd the whole thing up from the start.
For peace of mind, going to pay to get my car recovered to home, cost around $450, but at least I'll know it's safe, and I can fit the replacement ECU and fan. Then get on with suing his ass🤬

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Mick, if you mean the ECM from that 92 C4
It is not the same as it is OBD-I and uses an E-prom which is where the calibration resides

Where in 1995 GM changed to PCM OBD-II that has flash memory where calibration resides

Sounds like a real screwover to just tow costing $500