Richard Stewart.......car guy, so jolly and great company R.I.P.

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Hello everybody.......never very happy news on this particular part of the club website, but it is with personal sadness that I must inform everyone that Richard Stewart passed away last night in hospital. It was not Covid related as I understand but I do know that he had been ill for a while. Richard was a jolly fella and really enjoyed good banter and good company. He proudly attended the CCCUK Nationals in 2019 with his metallic orange Corvette C6 Indy 500 tribute car, but latterly drove a lovely metallic blue Camaro convertible. I shared his company on many occasions and we chatted on the phone through the the recent lockdowns to relieve the boredom. I will miss the guy so much and his contribution to our regular car meets at the Little Green Hut in Ollerton. I spoke to his partner this morning and advised her that I would inform anyone who may have known him.

Stay safe everyone and remember Richard with fondness......I know I will and the single malt will be pouring tonight in his honour 😔..............

Bye for now !

Rich

Administrator
This is so sad. What a joy it was to be in Richard's company. The last time I saw Richard and Linda was when they picked up their Camaro just up the road from here, and they called in for coffee. A regular on the CCCUK trips to Holland, but alas no more. Condolences to Linda and the family.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
That is sad news. I met up with Richard last June, when he came down to have some work done on his Camaro at Ian Allan. Picked him up and we had a very nice sunny day out and some great chat while they worked on his car. Lovely guy!

Cozzy

CCCUK Member
Hello everybody.......never very happy news on this particular part of the club website, but it is with personal sadness that I must inform everyone that Richard Stewart passed away last night in hospital. It was not Covid related as I understand but I do know that he had been ill for a while. Richard was a jolly fella and really enjoyed good banter and good company. He proudly attended the CCCUK Nationals in 2019 with his metallic orange Corvette C6 Indy 500 tribute car, but latterly drove a lovely metallic blue Camaro convertible. I shared his company on many occasions and we chatted on the phone through the the recent lockdowns to relieve the boredom. I will miss the guy so much and his contribution to our regular car meets at the Little Green Hut in Ollerton. I spoke to his partner this morning and advised her that I would inform anyone who may have known him.

Stay safe everyone and remember Richard with fondness......I know I will and the single malt will be pouring tonight in his honour 😔..............

Bye for now !
So sorry to hear this. Met Richard on a few occasions, sadly no more. Godspeed Richard😢

Alexm

CCCUK Member
Very sad news !
They were a great couple and lots of fun !
Met them at various shows and became friends, the last time we saw them they had rented a sea view flat in Nerja for three months and were telling Sandie how nice it was, so we booked a long weekend away and asked where they were going for lunch and turned up unannounced, great weekend followed.
Feel for Linda ❤️They were very devoted to each other.

Alexm

CCCUK Member
Happy memories from last year with Richard and Linda Sandie and Andy.

Attachments

• B2ACF697-46F5-4C82-96B0-DF52DB3E7E61.jpeg
    B2ACF697-46F5-4C82-96B0-DF52DB3E7E61.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 14

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Hi everyone - sadly we will be saying our final farewells to Richard Stewart this coming Friday 26th February at Chesterfield Crematorium, scheduled for 2:30pm. If you wish to attend then some of Richard's car club friends will be paying their final goodbyes outside the crematorium building due to a limited attendance of 30 people as per the current Covid restrictions. His partner Linda has asked me to attach the 'Order Of Service' to this thread and instructions on how to access a Web page containing footage of the actual service for anyone who cannot attend due to the lockdown limitations. I do hope that you are all well and staying safe, best wishes to you all - Paul

Attachments

• 215914 Richard Stewart (1)[2679].pdf
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • webcast_instructions[2681].pdf
    593.5 KB · Views: 6