Rocker Cover grommets

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi , I ordered a pair of the normal rocker cover grommets for the alloy finned rocker covers, (LT 1 Type)
Remover the vent tube and old grommet and found that the holes in the covers are a larger diameter than the new grommets. Anyone know what grommets I should look for and where to find them. . 👍tia

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hi , I ordered a pair of the normal rocker cover grommets for the alloy finned rocker covers, (LT 1 Type)
Remover the vent tube and old grommet and found that the holes in the covers are a larger diameter than the new grommets. Anyone know what grommets I should look for and where to find them. . 👍tia
What diameter grommets do you need ? I think I still have a box of them left over from when I bought some . Not sure of diameter but will check when I next drive over to the workshop with my new tyres that just arrived . If grommets are of use I can stick them in the post .

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
What diameter grommets do you need ? I think I still have a box of them left over from when I bought some . Not sure of diameter but will check when I next drive over to the workshop with my new tyres that just arrived . If grommets are of use I can stick them in the post .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
they seem to be 40mm holes chuffer👍
Do you require blank grommets to plug the holes or the grommets that the breather pipe fits into ? I will have a look to see what I have stashed away when I go over to the workshop in a day or two .

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Do you require blank grommets to plug the holes or the grommets that the breather pipe fits into ? I will have a look to see what I have stashed away when I go over to the workshop in a day or two .
I need the ones with the holes for the breather pipes , 👍

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Ello my luvver , do ee mind waitin until after the weekend for me to `ave a geek ? My plans of gone a bit pear shaped this week and it will save me an extra 18 mile round trip to the workshop just to find the grommets . I can do it when I take the C3 back after a show we are attending on Sunday .

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Ello my luvver , do ee mind waitin until after the weekend for me to `ave a geek ? My plans of gone a bit pear shaped this week and it will save me an extra 18 mile round trip to the workshop just to find the grommets . I can do it when I take the C3 back after a show we are attending on Sunday .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The grommets that I have look just like the one in your photo but are only 30 mm outside diameter and a 23 mm internal diameter breather pipe hole .. You said yours was about 40 mm . That`s a rather large grommet Wallace !! :LOL:

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Nothing specifically to do with this thread but it's always intrigued me that our transatlantic cousins use the words,

Rocker = Rocker arm

Rocker cover = Valve cover

Rocker panel = Sill. And yet Miriam Webster US dictionary suggests, "the portion of the body paneling of a vehicle that is situated below the doorsills".

It's the last of those that seems curious. Wonder where "rocker panel" came from?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Probably find it comes from early days of horse drawn wagons or stage coaches in the days of the Wild West or some such . 🤠 :unsure: