RPO Codes on Export C7s

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Hi all you C7 experts!

Anyone have any idea about the RPO codes for Export C7s (ie, European models)? I know the C6 carries codes that denote Export and possibly country, plus export specific stuff (tyres etc), but I don't know what the C7 has....

I gather the label is under the carpet in the boot or, on 2018 and later cars, in a QR code.

Ta!

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I have the list of codes that you quoted, (although not such a nice readable fashion it has to be said!) but these relate to US cars. I know that Export C6's had codes that denoted that they were export (European) cars and that also meant a few "strange" codes for things like EU Emissions and tyres. Most important I guess was the actual code denoting it as an European car.

But all the lists I've seen for C7s don't show anything about those codes, but I know that they do exist (I'm sure Johhny Bens will know that there is a code for Belgium cars (CU...something I believe).

And they are the codes I was looking for really, although the full list is obviously very useful! I notice that "Corvette web Central" has an "Ask" feature, so maybe I'll give them a try as well.

JonnyC4

CCCUK Member
There is code for European export C7's, as most of the European mainland countries have the same set up, this would be the same. I been searching here through my documentation, but can't find the code at the moment. There is an RPO code for mainland headlights and U.K. headlights.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
There is code for European export C7's, as most of the European mainland countries have the same set up, this would be the same. I been searching here through my documentation, but can't find the code at the moment. There is an RPO code for mainland headlights and U.K. headlights.
Thanks Jonny. I gleaned a little from the French forum, but its proving tricky to get much info! It would be good to see codes like the C6 had, to be sure of what one is looking at in a C7!

JonnyC4

CCCUK Member
It's not easy to get codes, I don't have any access anymore into the GM network as an ex GM employee.

The best way is to get a C7 with Euro-spec mirrors, but beware of the Dubai cars. As these have also the Euro-spec mirrors. These are tricky to import and almost impossible here in Belgium.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
For a UK spec car, a "Vehicle Build" printout from the GM Global Connect system, lists several codes that show the car is built with "Export" specific items. "CU9 - United Kingdom" shows that it is a UK spec car (with specific UK spec lights). There is no specific/separate RPO code/description listed just for the headlights, as there was for the C6. CE4 - Washer Headlamp, High Pressure is listed. You dont get those on US spec cars.

"V83 - Certification, Europe" is also listed. New UK (and mainland Europe?) cars were supplied with a Certificate of Conformity (CoC).

Last edited: