Running on

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I did wonder as we are about 400ft. Whether humidity etc would be different to buffalo ny.
my diesel vans run with noticeably mor power on a damp misty day🤔
I doubt there is a lack of moisture in the air in Buffalo as it`s sandwiched between the vast waters of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario . Any infernal combustion engine will run better on a damp and misty day ( like today (y) ) due to the moist air containing more oxygen . Natures own own forced induction . Years ago an old farmer mate of mine always used to say that his tractor would pull a house down when out ploughing on a damp early morning !

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
440 feet That must be a nightmare getting back from town chuffs when its the wrong type of leaves on the line !!😂😂👍
Yeah , sometimes I can`t find the house because its` lost in the clouds :ROFLMAO: As for leaves on the line , when the now dis used railway line was built past our village in 1872 the was a small halt roughly where our garden is now . Apparently the engine drivers hated having to stop there as it meant a standing start on a rising gradient of 1 in 70 which is a stiff task for a steam loco with a heavy train . You can see from the old photo taken in 1964 that they had to give it some wellie ! :pDSCF2561.JPG

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Yeah , sometimes I can`t find the house because its` lost in the clouds :ROFLMAO: As for leaves on the line , when the now dis used railway line was built past our village in 1872 the was a small halt roughly where our garden is now . Apparently the engine drivers hated having to stop there as it meant a standing start on a rising gradient of 1 in 70 which is a stiff task for a steam loco with a heavy train . You can see from the old photo taken in 1964 that they had to give it some wellie ! :pView attachment 9681
Quite interesting history all the old branch line halts that used to exist. We have a local cycle trail on the old camel line with a stop called “Grogley halt” in fact , we live in a hamlet named “menna” where stories abound of a middle aged , exceptionally grumpy lady engine driver who was pilloried and avoided by the signalmen , guards and other drivers due to her snappines and changing mood, they never knew what she would be like from one day to the next. They were discussing her in the tea room one day when another female employee of the railway explained that she was that way as she was going through the change that often happens at her time of life and that they should be a bit more understanding. They chatted amongst themselves and a few days later changed the name of the stop to the “menna pause” 💥💥😂😂😂...... I’ll get my coat 😣

Roscobbc

Quite interesting history all the old branch line halts that used to exist. We have a local cycle trail on the old camel line with a stop called “Grogley halt” in fact , we live in a hamlet named “menna” where stories abound of a middle aged , exceptionally grumpy lady engine driver who was pilloried and avoided by the signalmen , guards and other drivers due to her snappines and changing mood, they never knew what she would be like from one day to the next. They were discussing her in the tea room one day when another female employee of the railway explained that she was that way as she was going through the change that often happens at her time of life and that they should be a bit more understanding. They chatted amongst themselves and a few days later changed the name of the stop to the “menna pause” 💥💥😂😂😂...... I’ll get my coat 😣
Please tell us the story regularly - or should I say periodically.............

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
OMG ! :eek: My wife never told me that she had been an engine too ! :ROFLMAO: I know the Camel Trail is part the old railway line from Bodmin to Padstow and would love to explore it one day . The station was close to the quay at Padstow . I did work a train once from Bodmin General down to Bodmin Parkway and on to Penzance but fortunately didn`t fall foul of your moody lady driver . Menna is near the Virginia Clay Works if I remember rightly . I once knew a girl called Virginia , I called her virgin for short , but not for long ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: And no ! I will not be getting my coat ! 😛

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
About 700 but will double check in a bit 👍
Well chuffs, when I said it was idling at 700 it may not have been warmed up, noticed today when warm it is idling at 900rpm , I slowed it down to 700. It hasnt run on since , so fingers crossed👍Thanks all

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Well chuffs, when I said it was idling at 700 it may not have been warmed up, noticed today when warm it is idling at 900rpm , I slowed it down to 700. It hasnt run on since , so fingers crossed👍Thanks all
That`s good , so fingers crossed (y)