Security device

MilkyNoSugar

CCCUK Member
Hi,

I am 48 hours into C3 ownership, with a 1972 454 convertible and living the dream.

Can I ask what people use for security devices when parking cars in public places? I was thinking about a Disklok as they make a left-hand drive version. Given how little storage there is in a C3 and the fact there will be a lump of metal floating around the storage behind the seats when driving around, I am not sure this is a great idea.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-26 100845.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-06-26 100845.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 10

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
As they say, locks are only good for honest people
These bars on steering wheel the pros know how to break off and also means the crook has only already broken in and did damage

Why not install an alarm system, can be bought for like $35 US, such as this one

This one as an example has motion and sound sensors and has remote FOBs to turn the system on and off

61.jpg

Steven Smith

CCCUK Member
I use a Stop Lock pro elite in my C4.
It done very well in independent security tests but doesn't take up so much room as a full disc lock type.
Screenshot_20230626-153716__01.jpg

MilkyNoSugar

CCCUK Member
yes, but no key for it. The supplying dealer has no idea what that lock is for - I did ask if it was to lock the fuel cap or the spare wheel. I would never have assumed it was an alarm.

I only got the square key.

I did ask about the round key but he said he has never seen a corvette with one of those.

Any additional info on the alarm is appreciated, or even some guidance on how to get a key for it. I do not have the original key card or metal tags, but the current ignition key has a number stamped on it, and I do have the original order form, albeit a little tatty and stained.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
The round key is the alarm and padlock on the spare wheel carrier. Come to the Nationals and you can try my key. I think there was only 6 different keys for the entire run. I have the NCRS tech guide that will detail the alarm system I can check tomorrow.

MilkyNoSugar

CCCUK Member
all very useful info. Much appreciated.

I am not sure my car has any of the functioning ant-theft systems. I did know about needing reverse to be selected to get the key out, but I think that is a bit hit and miss if it works or not, Cannot say I have noticed any issues turning the wheel or selecting gears but will check tomorrow.

I will be at the nationals and hopefully through some trial and error I might be able to find a key that works

Roscobbc

Would any of these Stop Lock and similar steering wheel devices withstand a 'tea leaf' weilding a portable angle grinder with cutting disc........just asking (for a friend) ?

Last edited:

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Would any of these Stop Lock and similar steering wheel devices withstand a 'tea leaf' weilding a portable angle grinder with cutting disc........just asking (for a friend) ?
Angle grinders are so last week Ross. When I go out geared up to swipe a few cats my tool of choice is an 18v 5ah recip saw 🙂

MilkyNoSugar

CCCUK Member
I purchased a disklok from Epic Accessories in Leicester. Cheaper than some of the online suppliers and no postage as they are local. Easy to fit, although I do have a smaller steering wheel than standard and an adjustable steering column.