Seeking C3!

Vistie

Regular user
Hi! I’m interested in finding a C3, ideally between years 69-74, in black or red (though would consider other colours too! Yellow? Dark green?). Would love side pipes and a chrome bumper but also open to others!
I’m based in London so ideally something that is not too far from there!

James Vette

CCCUK Member
My favourite years of Corvette. There's a black 1969 being sold for £26500 on carandclassic.co.uk. Take me for a spin after lockdown. There's not many chrome bumpers in the UK and someone else was looking for one on here.

Roscobbc

Not too many early (chrome bumper) Vette's around, let alone for sale. With later C3 prices escalating recently you'll most likely struggle to find an 'affordable' car - having said that C3's haven't yet gone stratospheric like C2's.

R

Rogueone

Hi! I’m interested in finding a C3, ideally between years 69-74, in black or red (though would consider other colours too! Yellow? Dark green?). Would love side pipes and a chrome bumper but also open to others!
I’m based in London so ideally something that is not too far from there!

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
'Er, a '68 would 'only' been a 5.3 litre V8......... :unsure:
I was told its a 5.4 V8 :cry::cry: (and mine is only a base 327/300 as well. But hey, good enough for me - looks the part, and more importantly sounds the part :) )

(327 ci = 5.35857 litres, so I'm claiming the 5.4 as rounding up :D )

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Same HO on 327 output as later 350's - less emissions crap than later vehicles
Yes, I noticed from 1969 that the base engine was swapped from a 327 to a 350, but the power output options remained at either 300hp or the 350hp higher output version. Like you said, emissions stuff and so forth.

Vistie

Regular user
My favourite years of Corvette. There's a black 1969 being sold for £26500 on carandclassic.co.uk. Take me for a spin after lockdown. There's not many chrome bumpers in the UK and someone else was looking for one on here.
Thanks James!! Sorry for my slow reply. I couldn't find the black one when I checked at the time, but I'm keeping my eye on it and hopefully something dreamy will turn up! Yes, would be more than happy to go for a spin if I find the car!! :)

Vistie

Regular user
Not too many early (chrome bumper) Vette's around, let alone for sale. With later C3 prices escalating recently you'll most likely struggle to find an 'affordable' car - having said that C3's haven't yet gone stratospheric like C2's.
Keeping my eye out! Yes, they're surprisingly hard to find!!!

R

Rogueone

Thanks James!! Sorry for my slow reply. I couldn't find the black one when I checked at the time, but I'm keeping my eye on it and hopefully something dreamy will turn up! Yes, would be more than happy to go for a spin if I find the car!! :)
Its not black its Fathom green
Its also on Ebay

Last edited by a moderator: