Selling a C6 auto - Grand Sport ?

WelshVette

Busy user
If you are selling a C6 grand sport drop me a line I may be interested. I'm in no rush so even if when reading this you may think it is an old 'wanted' still drop me a line.
Thanks -
Have bought something else - so Grand Sport no longer needed - Thanks

Last edited:

Autocolor

CCCUK Member
Best of luck with your search I have been looking for around a year now with no joy, there are a few coupes in Europe but no convertibles, so have been looking in the States, plenty there from around $30000 up but the duties and current exchange rate make it difficult at the moment.
Hows my old C6 performing ? still looking good at last years Nats
Mike.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Very few C6 Grand Sports in UK. They were absurdly expensive, to the point that Baur Millett (then official UK dealer) didn't have a prayer of selling them. The price was something like £65k - same as a brand new C7 today! Must surely have contributed to Bauer Millett going bust.

Roscobbc

Very few C6 Grand Sports in UK. They were absurdly expensive, to the point that Baur Millett (then official UK dealer) didn't have a prayer of selling them. The price was something like £65k - same as a brand new C7 today! Must surely have contributed to Bauer Millett going bust.
And extreme cost was possibly why they only seemed to go to Manchester United footballers?

Rich

Administrator
As I recall, 6 Grand Sports were loaned to Man Utd in 2013 for a year. Three coupes - silver, black and white and three convertibles of which two were black and the red one I had and which is now in Norway. I also believe that they were the only UK spec GS hence they are pretty rare over here.

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I toyed with the idea of buying one of the convertible "ex-poofballer" cars, when they were for sale at a place in Ireland. I should have, as the price then was not much different from what it would be now here (in France), if not a little cheaper! I'd lined up a very nice black one as "mine"....:(

Rich

Administrator
I toyed with the idea of buying one of the convertible "ex-poofballer" cars, when they were for sale at a place in Ireland. I should have, as the price then was not much different from what it would be now here (in France), if not a little cheaper! I'd lined up a very nice black one as "mine"....:(

I bought the red one from a guy in Leeds for £40k. He got it from Sere in Ireland 6 months before, but didn't use it as his wife didn't like sitting on the right! GM owned it for a total of 18 months and forgot to service it and then claimed the warranty was void as it hadn't been serviced. They were messing with the wrong guy and eventually it was fully warranted!!

I can't picture you in a Grand Sport, Steve. Over all the years I've known you, you've always had the C3.

Last edited:

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I can't picture you in a Grand Sport, Steve. Over all the years I've known you, you've always had the C3.

Ohhh I can! :) Always had the '78, but driven C4 ZR1, 5 and 6, each many thousands of miles in the US! Loved the ZR1 and would have a C6 in a heartbeat! Just not too sure about an actual swap!

WelshVette

Busy user
Best of luck with your search I have been looking for around a year now with no joy, there are a few coupes in Europe but no convertibles, so have been looking in the States, plenty there from around $30000 up but the duties and current exchange rate make it difficult at the moment.
Hows my old C6 performing ? still looking good at last years Nats
Mike.
It was a great car Mike, but due to an impending house move sadly it had to go, I HOPE to replace it with a c6 Grand sport but in view of whats been written in this thread maybe not!! As a by the way - my car (was yours :)) went to Carlisle and after driving the six hours home the new owner said it exceeded his exceptions. (y)