Shipping anyone?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Just watching the news feature on the container port crises and delays. Anyone got a car in transit from the states or europe? Just wondering how the delivery times are being affected. Have heard that the costs of shipping a container are rising fast.
scary, hope no one here is experiencing a nail biting wait. 🤞

Vettemike09

Committee Member
40ft container from the Far East pre COVID $5k…… this week $23k….. GULP, it’s the same the world over

Corvette

Well-known user
This has been going on for a while. A friend imports beds from Vietnam and China. Normally pays $2300-2800 per container. Six weeks ago quote was $28000 now down to $22000. This increase alone puts on £80 per bed. Locals wont pay it. Luckily he is still selling stock from bankrupt imports from 2020. Just as well the mattresses are made in UK.

Roscobbc

This has been going on for a while. A friend imports beds from Vietnam and China. Normally pays $2300-2800 per container. Six weeks ago quote was $28000 now down to $22000. This increase alone puts on £80 per bed. Locals wont pay it. Luckily he is still selling stock from bankrupt imports from 2020. Just as well the mattresses are made in UK.
I always predicted that at some future point the workers in the (supposedly) third world countries manuacturing the imported products would ultimately want similar living standards to the markets they were supplying. Prices to us would escalate over a few years and the advantages importing cheaper goods would gradually be eroded. Our own once vibrant manufacturing industries (now gone) theoretically could 'tool-up' and start producing again........but I'd be very suprised if they would find anyone in the UK that would now want to do 'old school' poorly paid manual work..............however who would have ever forseen international shipping costs ecalating by factors of 7, 8 or more and the effects that will have. Couple that with the increased costs of imported energy costs and the Russian control of European gas distribution its actually a world war - the difference being that no shots are being fired............an economic war.

Corvette

Well-known user
Good morning Ross, When there’s a chance of earning more/ chargin g more we try it on although trying it on and being held to ransom are two different things. The new year will be bringing an inflation problem unless your buying $$😄

richie500

CCCUK Member
I have just done a quick quote with Ship my Car ( who i used for my vette 10/10 very good company)
Shipping from miami to uk is still the same as it was back in June and still very reasonable.
Not sure if it is not affecting the US or that SMC quick quote calculator is out but certainly looks like its still around £2800 ish per container.
If anyone is looking to ship a car from US i can throughly recommend them.
STOP WORRYING its not good for the blood pressure at most of our ages!!!!!!!!!!