So I enquired on a 1977 in the USA...

HJG

Well-known user
So what's the latest JamesVette? Did the frame look OK? You still interested in this one or are you continuing your search?

James Vette

CCCUK Member
So what's the latest JamesVette? Did the frame look OK? You still interested in this one or are you continuing your search?
Got a vague email from the seller which wasn't professionally written at all then ghosted. Been ghosted by women before but not by a dealership SELLING something I want to BUY...

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
I wouldn`t put money on the bottom of birdcage being ok on a 44 year old car from even a so called `Dry County `View attachment 8960. I have seen them starting to corrode on cars with better looking chassis condition than that one .
Here is a shot of the bracket I mentioned . Not the prettiest extra welding on mine but its difficult to access in situ . This is the passenger side that`s easiest to see . The drivers side one is rather obscured by the power steering pump and easy to overlook . I know at least one other club member that had a serious weld failure on that one !
I wouldn`t put money on the bottom of birdcage being ok on a 44 year old car from even a so called `Dry County `View attachment 8960. I have seen them starting to corrode on cars with better looking chassis condition than that one .
Here is a shot of the bracket I mentioned . Not the prettiest extra welding on mine but its difficult to access in situ . This is the passenger side that`s easiest to see . The drivers side one is rather obscured by the power steering pump and easy to overlook . I know at least one other club member that had a serious weld failure on that one !
Found it on mine this week :) Both sides 💰💰💰