SOLD: 1999 Chevrolet Corvette C5 (manual), OIRO £15,000

theseoldcars

CCCUK Member
For sale is my 1999 Chevrolet Corvette coupe, with removable roof panel, which is Sterling Silver with a black leather interior. It packs a 5.7-litre LS1 V8, a six-speed manual transmission, and equipment such as a factory limited-slip differential, Active Handling system, and cruise control. It has covered 80,274 miles, has an advisory-free MOT until April 2024, and is in good condition for its age. It also drives very well, requires little, and sounds superb.

Beneficially, the car has several key upgrades, including a high-quality SFI-approved crank damper – damper issues are common with C5s, and expensive to fix – which has been pinned to the crank (ideal if you want to supercharge it later), an excellent Corsa exhaust system with crossover pipe, Bilstein dampers, braided brake lines, a new C6 shifter assembly, a Turn One HP1 power steering pump, a stronger metal C6 power steering pulley, an Elite Engineering catch can, a genuine cold-air intake system, GM Performance plug leads, aluminium drop links all round, Osram Nightbreaker bulbs, and a skip-shift eliminator.

In the past 1,000 miles, the car has received fresh fluids throughout, including the required friction modifier for the LSD, new filters, plugs, wiper blades, rack mount bushings, a new hazard warning switch, new brake hard lines, new tyre pressure monitoring sensors, and new Hankook tyres. Some new detail parts have been fitted, too, including upgraded stiffer visors with LED lighting.

As you’d hope, it also has the essential column-lock delete kit and, in the past, work carried out includes a new clutch and a replacement windscreen.

It comes with a substantial history folder, a clean VCheck report for its UK life, and a clean Carfax report for its time in the US (it was originally an American-market car). I’ve also two keys and two remote fobs for it, as well as invoices for work such as the balancer replacement.

The car isn't perfect – it has some minor cosmetic blemishes and the air conditioning system doesn't work, for example, as it probably needs a new (yet inexpensive) condenser – but, considering its age, it's in very good shape. And, unlike some others, it has had many costly common C5 issues and servicing oversights tackled.

Original quoted figures for this iteration of C5 are 345bhp, 350lb ft, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, a top speed of 171mph and a kerb weight of 1,465kg.

If you have any questions, please drop me a line – I am more than happy to chat about the car, and viewings are welcome. I am located just north of Peterborough, for reference. Cheers!

Attachments

• S0.jpg
    S0.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 34
  • S10.jpg
    S10.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 33
  • S5.jpg
    S5.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF0812.jpg
    DSCF0812.jpg