Spark plugs

pugcrew

CCCUK Member
I need to buy a new set of plugs for my 1979.

My car is pretty stock with the exception of an Edelbrock carburettor and intake -not sure whether that makes any difference?

The current ones are NGK BPR4F. Should I stick with these?

Also, any suggestions on the best place to buy? Halfords didn't even have them listed (no surprise there) so I assume somewhere online?

Roscobbc

Bought mine form Rock Auto - probably best to add to other items needed - they worked out equivalent of about £1.15 each - are the ones you mention the correct one for the car?

pugcrew

CCCUK Member
Bought mine form Rock Auto - probably best to add to other items needed - they worked out equivalent of about £1.15 each - are the ones you mention the correct one for the car?
Thanks, just ordered some from Rock Auto. I've ordered the one's listed for my car which are different to the ones I currently have as I assume that Rock Auto have the correct ones listed.

stealthyflatfish

Well-known user
Thanks, just ordered some from Rock Auto. I've ordered the one's listed for my car which are different to the ones I currently have as I assume that Rock Auto have the correct ones listed.
Reply probably to late for pugcrew, but Euro Carparts stock sparkpugs for all makes and they also hold all the conversion charts, so if you got ACDelco they can tell you the equivalent NGK etc, and they don't rip you off on the price.

pugcrew

CCCUK Member
Reply probably to late for pugcrew, but Euro Carparts stock sparkpugs for all makes and they also hold all the conversion charts, so if you got ACDelco they can tell you the equivalent NGK etc, and they don't rip you off on the price.
Thanks for the response but as you say a bit late for me. I did see that Euro Carparts and Carparts 4 less stock the NGK plugs but I found that the Rock Auto ones were very cheap and even with shipping worked out about the same in cost. The Rock Auto ones however are meant to be better as they have a V groove in the electrode tip - not sure whether it's a gimmick or really improves the spark only time will tell I suppose.