Starter motor

Orson Kart

Regular user
Out with the old - In with the reconditioned....a big thanks to Claremont Corvette for their efficient service

Attachments

• CAA3BB31-8E44-49CE-908A-6FA16E07721F.jpeg
    CAA3BB31-8E44-49CE-908A-6FA16E07721F.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 12
  • BAFA4842-6C50-4F88-8866-56AE3F05F45F.jpeg
    BAFA4842-6C50-4F88-8866-56AE3F05F45F.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 11

antijam

CCCUK Member
Out with the old - In with the reconditioned....a big thanks to Claremont Corvette for their efficient service

I'm suspecting that my starter solenoid is giving up the ghost and am wondering if it's possible to change it without removing the starter? Has anyone done this or , since you've just removed yours Orson, does it look possible?

Orson Kart

Regular user
I'm suspecting that my starter solenoid is giving up the ghost and am wondering if it's possible to change it without removing the starter? Has anyone done this or , since you've just removed yours Orson, does it look possible?
I’ll be completely honest I’m not even sure which bit the solenoid is, nor where it is. I’m a complete monkey when it comes to anything electrical or mechanical for that matter. I would be completely stuffed without YouTube or great resources like this website. Happily for me after a top up charge for the battery - I turned the key this morning and it started first time and was purring like a big pussy cat. 😺 I sure you can sort your problem out with a little help from the guys on here though. Best of luck 🤞

Oneball

CCCUK Member

Can’t say for certain but the bolts that hold the solenoid in are at the flywheel end and I don’t reckon you’ll get them out with it attached.