Starting query

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Nice one thanks. Gotta ask - how did you get your spark plug heat protectors over the 90 degree bend in the spark plug connector? I have a set of protectors and can't get the buggers over the 90 degree bend in the protector (and yes, then other end is 90 degree as well).

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Well done for spotting the spark plug heat protectors Captain 👍 . I had to take the steel rings out that were double folded into the ends of the sleeves . You loose the circular shape of the sleeve at the end but it does mean you can pull it right over the plug connector .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Bit lost as to why you’d take the ring out?
Because unless you have in line spark plug connectors instead of 90 degree ones , or are making up the spark plug leads assemblies yourself you cannot feed the heat sleeves on from one end or the other .

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Because unless you have in line spark plug connectors instead of 90 degree ones , or are making up the spark plug leads assemblies yourself you cannot feed the heat sleeves on from one end or the other .

The ring is supposed to be at the plug end to stop it slipping out of place.5214445F-7301-47B6-9F64-F08A50D96868.jpeg

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Thanks Chuffer. And Oneball, how did you get them over your 90 degree wire ends? I couldn't.

And Oneball - where did you get those spark plug lead holders? That looks neat :)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Thanks Chuffer. And Oneball, how did you get them over your 90 degree wire ends? I couldn't.

And Oneball - where did you get those spark plug lead holders? That looks neat :)
I took the rings out because my Mallory leads were already made up with 90 Degree caps at both ends so could not feed them on any which way !

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I just sat in front of the telly for an evening and carefully fed them in, steel ring is at the plug end. Just takes some patience, little bit at a time like putting a sock on a baby.

Clips came from summit. They’re Moroso. Think real steel and other people will have them too