T Tops.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I must confess I can't hear my t-tops squeaking or rattling in my 68. Granted there are squeaks and rattles elsewhere, and sidepipe noise too. But can't specifically hear t-tops rattling when driving.

CrispyCleen

CCCUK Member
I may be wrong (a very real possibility) but these look like they insert into the location pins. Thatโ€™s certainly where a lot of my rattle comes from. I have been considering getting some but they are waaaaay down the list.

Has anyone else used these or similar?

stealthyflatfish

Well-known user
I bought a small tub of odourless clear silicone grease, and applied a smear to the seals, squeaking seems to have stopped now, and should help with water seal, not that mine goes out in the rain.

stealthyflatfish

Well-known user
As long as it has no silicone, silicone attacks rubber!
I wouldn't think the seals are pure rubber Tony, more a man made substitute containing a miniscule amount of rubber, perhaps red rubber grease might have been an alternative, but if the seals fall apart in the next 10 years I'll give you a shout...... Lol

V

Vetteheadtony

I wouldn't think the seals are pure rubber Tony, more a man made substitute containing a miniscule amount of rubber, perhaps red rubber grease might have been an alternative, but if the seals fall apart in the next 10 years I'll give you a shout...... Lol
When I get that shout in 10 yrs time my reply will be โ€˜I told you Stealthy didnโ€™t iโ€™ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚