The big question for pre78 C3 owners

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
One nil 😂
I have none , but sort of want one , trouble is once youve gone rack theres no going back !,( from a load of holes in your deck point of view 😱) quite handy to put a case on but how often would I actually do that , and I hate the look of sticking yr t tops on there ! Think I will live with it this year and see how I feel later. 👍

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Why are you thinking about one? I notice you're asking about T-Top bags. Do you think you'll need luggage space for touring?

I do actually like the look of a rack, and if you do plan on some more serious touring one would be very handy (precious little luggage space in the pre-78 Vettes!), although I'm still not convinced about strapping the T-tops to the rack, even though the kit to do that is available. But as you say, once you commit, there is no going back! I'd say think hard about why you want it.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Why are you thinking about one? I notice you're asking about T-Top bags. Do you think you'll need luggage space for touring?

I do actually like the look of a rack, and if you do plan on some more serious touring one would be very handy (precious little luggage space in the pre-78 Vettes!), although I'm still not convinced about strapping the T-tops to the rack, even though the kit to do that is available. But as you say, once you commit, there is no going back! I'd say think hard about why you want it.
Thats my dilemma I too like the look of the rack , i would never put the tops on the rack so want bags to protect them in the back or when I take them off at home. Saw a nice case type double
No rack.

If you do fit one you need to do it properly and take the tank out.
Wow really? Though it would be riv nuts from above . Saying that when i shone a light up around my tank which was new 7 years ago i could see some surface rust so thought of taking it down to paint , so would do it all at same time 👍thanks