The first UK C8 is here

Rich

Administrator
The first, officially imported, UK Spec, Right Hand Drive Corvette was collected from Southampton docks today and is on its way to Ian Allan Motors.

Wishing Ian Allan Motors all the best as they will shortly be able to finally complete some of the orders placed.

Rich

Administrator
No Ross. Devastated that I wasn't asked even though I went past the docks on my way to Ian Allan's today.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
You are spoiling her Keiran , don`t mention it to my wife or she will want one too ! A C8 that is . 🤣
I don't know who "Keiran" is, but Kieran says to look really close at my post..... ;)

As for me spoiling the wife, well, I know us guys aren't supposed to admit to these things, but she's the one with more money than me. I know, I know, how un-manly of me.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I don't know who "Keiran" is, but Kieran says to look really close at my post..... ;)

As for me spoiling the wife, well, I know us guys aren't supposed to admit to these things, but she's the one with more money than me. I know, I know, how un-manly of me.
Apologies K , :oops: and if it makes you feel better , my wife keeps me in the manner I am accustomed too . Or so she often tells me ! :LOL:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Just in case no-one else spotted this in my message above under the photo. I'm not ACTUALLY getting a blue C8 at all - it was just coincidental and I couldn't resist a wind up. You see, I ordered a blue C3 club t-shirt for my blue C3, and it arrived as the C8 t-shirt as worn by my wife above. Turns out that a "3" and a "8" look very similar, and the makers sent the wrong thing - they were very helpful and apologetic about it and soon sent me out the proper C3 one.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Apologies K , :oops: and if it makes you feel better , my wife keeps me in the manner I am accustomed too . Or so she often tells me ! :LOL:
Don't worry about it - you won't be the last person to mis-spell my silly name (FYI I'm not that fond of my name, but its the one given me by my lovely folks so I stick with it). Even people at work on Teams, or people on Facebook, where my name is right in front of them still manage to mis-spell my name :ROFLMAO:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Sorry to get the i and e mixed up , I should know better shouldn`t I ?? Any ways , no more excuses , you have got the T shirt so you gotta get the car now ! 🤣
PS . How`s 3205 running ?

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I did indeed wind the wife up a bit saying she'll have to get the new C8 now. But she's not bothered for two reasons - 1) she's not into sports cars (though loves my C3), 2) like me she's not into automatics, and C8 is auto only.

3205 running fine, though I haven't run it for a little while as I use my old diesel loco for track testing mostly. And I haven't done much track testing recently as I've been doing more woodwork stuff sorting out the boards all around the loft.