The Rainmaker

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
My C3 is living up to its nickname (The Rainmaker) this year. I only choose to drive it in sunny weather, but EVERY SINGLE TIME I have the car booked to go somewhere (a show, garage appointment, having to get the C3 out of my garage so tradespeople can do stuff in there, etc etc), then it just rains.

This year so far every show I've been to in my C3 it has rained a lot. I still have more shows to come, including one this weekend where the weather forecast is rain. The last show I went to, it was good days all week up to the Saturday when it chucked it down, then Sunday onwards is was back to being ok again.

Why is my car so cursed??!?!?

I also apologise in advance to those CCCUK members attending the British Motor Show later this month. As I'm going in the C3, its bound to chuck it down. :ROFLMAO: (Those of you attending the North Weald track day event in September need not fear - I'm not bringing the C3).

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I kid you not - the last two shows I was at, even though I was driving in/out of the show fields at "speed of idle revs in 1st gear", the C3 looked like I had been rallying around everywhere with mud streak up the sides. I don't even know how the front wheels can chuck up that much mud.

Roscobbc

I kid you not - the last two shows I was at, even though I was driving in/out of the show fields at "speed of idle revs in 1st gear", the C3 looked like I had been rallying around everywhere with mud streak up the sides. I don't even know how the front wheels can chuck up that much mud.
An issue with 68's (and probably 69's too) - OEM 'clipped' fenders openings simply invite the tyres to throw all kinds of filth down the side of the car........mine, with its 18" wider cross section rubber is even worse........I have learnt (if the roads are wet) never to rest my left arm over the drivers window opening........my elbow has ended-up covered in filth thrown up by the rear wheels................

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
My C3 is living up to its nickname (The Rainmaker) this year. I only choose to drive it in sunny weather, but EVERY SINGLE TIME I have the car booked to go somewhere (a show, garage appointment, having to get the C3 out of my garage so tradespeople can do stuff in there, etc etc), then it just rains.

This year so far every show I've been to in my C3 it has rained a lot. I still have more shows to come, including one this weekend where the weather forecast is rain. The last show I went to, it was good days all week up to the Saturday when it chucked it down, then Sunday onwards is was back to being ok again.

Why is my car so cursed??!?!?

I also apologise in advance to those CCCUK members attending the British Motor Show later this month. As I'm going in the C3, its bound to chuck it down. :ROFLMAO: (Those of you attending the North Weald track day event in September need not fear - I'm not bringing the C3).
Do the decent thing and sell the C3 then , that might resolve Climage Change for the rest of us . 🤣

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
We are never happy! I dont take mine out on wet days or wet roads but also worry about baking sun too 😱🫣 so its late pm or evening cruises for me , perhaps we are due a dry autumn with pleasant temperatures so we can all make up for lost vette days . 👍

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
perhaps we are due a dry autumn with pleasant temperatures so we can all make up for lost vette days . 👍
Based on my upcoming C3 planned outings, I suspect the weather will be suddenly awesome from Sunday 13th August until the afternoon of Friday 18th of August at which point it'll chuck it down strongly until Sunday 20th August. After that it'll be plain rosy and sunny for the rest of the year :ROFLMAO:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Do the decent thing and sell the C3 then , that might resolve Climage Change for the rest of us . 🤣
Problem is, if you think about it, my C3 is actually combatting climate change. You see, climate change is all about temperatures going up and it getting hotter etc - but the more I PLAN to use my C3 on specific days, then the more it'll be colder and wetter. Thus my C3 is actually helping to reverse climate change. :ROFLMAO:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
An issue with 68's (and probably 69's too) - OEM 'clipped' fenders openings simply invite the tyres to throw all kinds of filth down the side of the car........mine, with its 18" wider cross section rubber is even worse........I have learnt (if the roads are wet) never to rest my left arm over the drivers window opening........my elbow has ended-up covered in filth thrown up by the rear wheels................
Yeah, those 68s and their wheel arches. Mine is 17 inch and wider wheels than stock, but not as wide as your. The brunt of it is taken by the side pipes on mine. I have to hose out under the side pipe covers every time after mud.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Problem is, if you think about it, my C3 is actually combatting climate change. You see, climate change is all about temperatures going up and it getting hotter etc - but the more I PLAN to use my C3 on specific days, then the more it'll be colder and wetter. Thus my C3 is actually helping to reverse climate change. :ROFLMAO:
But the Greenies also blame all the heavy rains and floods on Climate Change too !!!

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Rainmaker update:
I was booked in to the WSR Steam and Vintage Vehicle Rally on Saturday of the weekend just gone. Typical scenario for The Rainmaker - good weather up to Saturday, where it chucks it down and generally not nice. Then Sunday onwards its back to sunny weather.

Even though we'd made plans with family and the show people to go on Saturday, we decide at the last minute not to go, and instead go on the Sunday (two day show). Originally I'd booked in for Saturday, so I wasn't sure if they'd accept me on Sunday. Thankfully we did as Sunday was really nice sunny weather.

Alas, our celebrations of dodging the curse of the Rainmaker, and mocking of the weather gods was cut short - they got their own back by allowing the hot sunny weather for us, but punishing our impudence by making my electric windows stop working shortly after we leave house to go to the show. So we got VERY hot in the car as the car is a no-A/C car, can't wind the windows down (they were in the up position) AND can't take the t-tops off as nowhere to store them as the boot is full of our show stuff. Oh and the blower in my car.... well, it has a mind of its own and rarely does anything effective - as such I've hardly used it. It was not pleasant sitting in the queues trying to get off the show field in the hot weather.

Now to work out why they both stopped working - as its both of them, it has to be a shared component like the fuse / circuit breaker, or a relay etc. Gotta get it fixed before the British Motor Show, or I'm frying for many more hours travelling up and there back (assuming we get good weather). Alas, busy away at the weekends before it. I fear the weather gods will be having a proper laugh for a long time .... :ROFLMAO:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Its the British Motor Show at Farnborough this coming weekend, so I did a quick weather check for the Rainmaker. Guess which day I'm driving up there on and then the next day exhibiting? I bet you can't ...... :ROFLMAO:
1692000131616.png

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Please don`t travel via Northamptonshire Captain as I am attending a classic car show at Holdenby Hall on Sunday that was postponed from 23rd July due to waterlogged show field .
I don`t want you jinxing things again . 🌦️ :LOL: