Thoughts on price

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
As other guys said , that pink mess suggests the splash and run off from flatting down the red paintwork . It does make a mess and gets everywhere . It begs the question when was the respray carried out ? Probaly recently if vendor never got round to cleaning it off . Does that mean tarted up to sell ? As Roscobbc pointed out , tyres could be 10 years old and with such little use may well be `flat spotted` unless car has been moved regularly in storage . The photos show precious little paint / underseal on chassis members , and thats just the easy to access areas . Be sure to check thoroughly for rust .

Jack Cooper

Well-known user
I don't think the wheels and rear-end will greatly affect the resale value, Adam. In fact, most people would, I'm sure, prefer the later alloy wheels to the stock steels.
I tend to look at things primarily from an originality perspective (wearing my NCRS hat!), but it's probably fair to say there aren't many C3s in the UK which are in the same state they left St. Louis (or Bowling Green from '81). Exceptions would be '82 CEs and '78 Pace cars, at a guess, plus any that have been restored to NCRS standard.
So go with what appeals to you; I quite like the later rear myself. If ever you wanted to change it back to the correct '75/'76 design it would be eminently feasible.

Best,
J.C. (1911)