Thoughts on this hood?

sublimemike

Well-known user
Yes Dazaa. Familiar with that as mine is same and all I know from driving position of C3. Allow at least 3 ft extra in front if parking in confined space. As Bernie Chodash said to me before I bought one " They've all been smacked in the nose at some point in their life" I'm just curious years down the line of value of an L88 genuine over the counter hood as the guy I bought my car off had it as one of the selling points

Corvette

Well-known user
The value is what someone is willing to pay unfortunately in UK there aren’t many enthusiasts willing to pay for the genuine article. a Genuine GM L88 hood can be bought for about $1500 more than a new replica hood' for me that is money worth spending. I’ve heard of radio delete plates go for that.

Roscobbc

Another view at eye level from drivers seat with L88 style hood - not a lot higher than top point of front fenders - Frank, hood has reference number of H361M - mean anything to youi?

Attachments

• P1070518.JPG
    P1070518.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 9

Knodty

Well-known user
I thought the visibility through mine was bad.

Attachments

• 53CC95FC-A79F-4F7D-AB45-54E2CA4A3D05.jpeg
    53CC95FC-A79F-4F7D-AB45-54E2CA4A3D05.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 8

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I remember a couple of trips in a friends 1969 L88 in Florida about 2000, I thought the visibility was terrible. He was a good six footer plus, so sat taller in the car than I did. For me it wasn’t a pleasant drive. A bit of a brute, plenty of grunt and noise. Drank fuel like a spaceship. Great investment for him tho.