Throttle cable routing.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Forrest, you defo need at least two return springs on the carb, think I run Three lightweights on mine just in case, traveling down a dual carriageway with a single busted spring would definitely require a change of underwear.

Yes, it will be 75 pence well spent and something I’ve been meaning to do for a while. I think there might be a rush on these now I’ve mentioned it. The carb itself has springs on its spindles of course.

Steve Soper had a massive crash at Brands Hatch last year when the throttle jammed on the Mustang he was racing. His car almost ended up in the trees after going over safety barriers and fencing. Can’t say wether or not it down to throttle springs but he did require his spare underpants.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Hi again, my throttle cable seems to come out of the bulkhead, does a sharp right hand turn then sharp left around the vertical chrome shielding. I dont think this is helping smooth throttle application at low revs. How are yours routed? 👍View attachment 9561
Does anyone think my throttle cable should ,or would be better routed in front of the bracket for the chrome ignition shielding? . Thanks 👍