Tim’s 2024 Season

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I see the 1973 Corvette listed has a 4540cc engine in it. Wonder what that is? Or presumably it is the 454 cubic inch engine, but someone has typed it wrong ?

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
I see the 1973 Corvette listed has a 4540cc engine in it. Wonder what that is? Or presumably it is the 454 cubic inch engine, but someone has typed it wrong ?
Gotta be him not not doing his metric calculations for the big block!
Theres a 6300cc TVR tuscan….looks suspiciously like a 383cc Chevy motor in that?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
We once bought a couple of cars that were advertised as a Ford XL vert with a 4.2 litre engine and a Chevy caprice vert with a 4.5 litre engine. Of course the 4.2 was a 428ci police interceptor motor and the 4.5 was a 454ci motor.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Unfortunately I can`t make it to Silverstone this weekend to cheer Tim on but here are some pics that I took at the race in April 2023 when I went over in the C3.DSC_2031.JPGDSC_2082.JPGDSC_2083.JPGDSC_2084.JPGDSC_2085.JPGDSC_2093.JPGDSC_2133.JPGDSC_2169.JPG

Roscobbc

Apparently the convertibles with a hardtop have a slightly higher top speed.
Several LeMans 'privateers' racing L88 powered verts with hardtops were recorded at speeds just over 200 mph on the Mulsanne straight (before a chicane was introduced, slowing things down) at 212 mph. This Greenwood Vette was seemingly the fastest recorded at 215 mph.........not bad for an unsophisticated non-aero car in the 70's.
Le Mans-raced 215-mph 1969 Chevy Corvette up for auction

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Several LeMans 'privateers' racing L88 powered verts with hardtops were recorded at speeds just over 200 mph on the Mulsanne straight (before a chicane was introduced, slowing things down) at 212 mph. This Greenwood Vette was seemingly the fastest recorded at 215 mph.........not bad for an unsophisticated non-aero car in the 70's.
Le Mans-raced 215-mph 1969 Chevy Corvette up for auction
Just imagine the sound of an L88 at over 200 mph !! :eek: 👏👏👏👏👏

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I watched the class Tim was running

I fail to understand if looking for an even field of cars in a class that they would be about equal in competing
Clearly smaller/shorter cars with a track with a lot of non straights would get through those quicker

Having the winner be 30 seconds plus ahead of the second place car and many of those smaller cars ending up front
than that class needs some rule changes to assure more equal racing :mad:

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Yesterday was ok, slowly getting a bit quicker but still not on it. Some oil pressure issues so will check the oil level but finished mine d field so not too bad. Race is at 19 today

IMG_7029.jpegIMG_7027.jpegIMG_7025.jpegca1d5d40-4760-43be-bd53-4c22f8d830a5.jpeg

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
I watched the youtube stream, it was good coverage and entertaining to watch.
A decent number of Corvettes in this series now and were right in the action which was nice to see. Those pesky TVRs came through eventually though.
The big bus ‘Cuda and the Mach1 Mustang having a tussle was a sight!

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Yesterday’s race went well, finished 10th and 3rd in class. Getting to grips with the tyres more now, feel it could do with another 200bhp though!

Donington on 11th May next, should be some more cars there too as a fair few people weren’t ready for the first race of the year.