Tim’s 2024 Season

Chuffer

CCCUK Member
Good luck Tim . Good to see quite a few other Corvettes on the grid for you to challenge . :D (y) Unfortunately I can`t be there to enjoy the spectacle as I am Daventry Festival of Motoring that day .

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Excellent. At last an all American race without TVRs etc making up the numbers.
I‘m really looking forward to seeing this.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Almost ready.
IMG_8451.jpeg

Donington was good but I had a coming together with a mustang that put me in the gravel trap, damage isn’t too bad but I’ve spent the last few days getting gravel and grass out of everything.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Speedfest was fun this year, but more relaxed than last year partly because it wasn’t my first race with the car but there was also more room in the paddock.
9f5b8102-5f42-4ee8-87a3-ea64565a77a5.jpeg

Race one was going great, until the front wheel locked up. Turns out a bolt from the bonnet stay had fallen out and got jammed between the wheel and calliper.
IMG_8525.jpeg

DNF in race one meant starting from the back in race two, got past one Corvette and spent the rest of the time behind a Plymouth Belvedere (pretending to be a Ford). Good fun and a relaxing weekend. Met a few people including @Forrest Gump

Next time out is Oulton Park in August.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Speedfest was fun this year, but more relaxed than last year partly because it wasn’t my first race with the car but there was also more room in the paddock.

Race one was going great, until the front wheel locked up. Turns out a bolt from the bonnet stay had fallen out and got jammed between the wheel and calliper.

DNF in race one meant starting from the back in race two, got past one Corvette and spent the rest of the time behind a Plymouth Belvedere (pretending to be a Ford). Good fun and a relaxing weekend. Met a few people including Forrest Gump

Next time out is Oulton Park in August.

Good to meet you Tim and have a look and chat about your fabulous car (it seemed very familiar having followed your build thread!)

A short clip: https://youtu.be/87sJUu3RIXc

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Thanks for the vid, looks cool!!

Sure does! I thought your car sounded louder than last year, have you taken the baffles out?

A couple of the vettes were really loud. I watched from Clearways for a while and with that building right behind me trapping the noise, it would have started to hurt my ears if I'd stayed there long! (No such problem with the droning NASCARs!!)

I'll see if I've got any more footage and photos.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Sure does! I thought your car sounded louder than last year, have you taken the baffles out?

A couple of the vettes were really loud. I watched from Clearways for a while and with that building right behind me trapping the noise, it would have started to hurt my ears if I'd stayed there long! (No such problem with the droning NASCARs!!)

I'll see if I've got any more footage and photos.
Yes, I had spiral baffles in last year, nothing in the sidepipes at all this year. Gary’s car (dark blue/white C3) seemed the loudest to me, same exhaust but a big block. The grey C2 was loud too, small block in that.