Top Tips For A Happy C3 Ownership?

Letank

CCCUK Member
All good points. I'll add install a battery isolation gadget (on the neutral)
Funnily enough I fitted one on my car at the weekend. With the battery being in the rear compartment bin, access isn’t great and having side post terminals at the rear also make it pig to disconnect/connect. These make things so much easier! 👍🏻

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I went with quick release battery clamps - put arm around the chair to the battery box and quick release it. Job done.

Oh and I agree about the garage requirement. I'd be a sad monkey if I had to leave mine outside - hence when purchasing "new" house with wife recently, I insisted it had a double garage :)

Rich

Administrator
I went with quick release battery clamps - put arm around the chair to the battery box and quick release it. Job done.

Oh and I agree about the garage requirement. I'd be a sad monkey if I had to leave mine outside - hence when purchasing "new" house with wife recently, I insisted it had a double garage :)
I think what you meant to say is that you wanted to purchase a double garage and your wife insisted that it had a house attached to it.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Those cheap ones normally have a green contact knob on them, yes to the pot metal. I have one that is switched on and off by a remote, like an alarm fob, someone had it on a C2.
I have the green contact knob - the cheap one - life will never be the same again!
Actually I did change it one time from another green one, as a cheap quick option to check in case it was that, that was giving me a start up problem, as it happened the cut off switch was ok (had been in 15 years) the issue was the solenoid on the starter - Another good tip for trouble free motoring with a C3 Vette; get a heat plate in between the starter solenoid and the headers - Do Not wrap the starter in a heat blanket.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
I have the green contact knob - the cheap one - life will never be the same again!
Actually I did change it one time from another green one, as a cheap quick option to check in case it was that, that was giving me a start up problem, as it happened the cut off switch was ok (had been in 15 years) the issue was the solenoid on the starter - Another good tip for trouble free motoring with a C3 Vette; get a heat plate in between the starter solenoid and the headers - Do Not wrap the starter in a heat blanket.

I read that as 'I have a green knob' :sick:

sublimemike

Well-known user
I disconnect the positive teminal and insert a bolt into the thread on the battery then connect a trickle charger. Lots of good advise for someone new. Over the winter months re the brakes I make sure a I press the brake pedal every couple of weeks while it's stored