Translate to American Please ! :-)

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Since I cannot understand most of what this fat ass Brit is saying (Ah this does answer can big people fit into a C8 :)
for 20 minutes that American Corvettes are crap ?

If so, nothing new, they prefer sports cars to look like a bug and haul you around in a 4 banger, stroker
Seems to me, he never goes over 60 MPH in 20 minutes and then complains C8 is not sporty enough

Roscobbc

Jon.......just one persons opinion........plenty of these people on Youtube givin' it all with their own opinion about various cars. As you say he didn't seem to drive at any kind of speed and only on rural roads. I haven't driven a C8 myself so can't comment any further except to kinda agree with his remark about the line of buttons along the centre console.........

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
This is ` every day ` driving in the real world in the UK where any so called ` Supercar` will be a waste of space and probably not much fun to drive on such roads . He is driving on country roads and through villages around where I live and know very well and was within a couple of miles of the very rural location where I keep my C3 . We don`t have the pleasure of barrelling along endless highways across States the size of a medium country which is why us Brits designed little 4 banger sports cars that were such a hoot to drive on our roads . And yes , that strip if switch buttons is totally crap . I hated them the first time I saw them !

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
The chance of me ever getting a C8 is directly related to my chance of winning the lottery, so I don't really care what this reviewer said! :cool:

Invetterate

CCCUK Member
I have never heard of this guy, JR! Certainly not a mainstream journalist to my knowledge. The mainstream view is that the C8 is a worthy contender in the European market and now that it is in right hand drive, far more popular for previously non-Corvette buyers in the UK. Although I haven't driven one, I have been driven in one and from the passenger seat at least, it seems really great. I think it is good value for money and from talking to several owners, very good all round. Chuffer has a point about some of our roads - a sizeable [especially in width] car is less easy to drive quickly on what we call lanes than a small car purely from the risk of oncoming vehicles. Most of my driving in the US has been done in Florida [and I have racked up a few miles there] and there is very little there that equates anywhere close to some of our smaller roads. The closest thing I found was in Hawaii but the hire cars weren't exactly performance vehicles and the traffic volumes were high. If you ever get over here, I would be happy to take you round the lanes near me in my C5 - that would be fun! Happy to help with anything else from the video need "translating!"

Mark

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
With around 20 switches and controls, not sure where they could be located being those are for driver and passenger controls
Looks like a cockpit
Of course, this is flipped for an RHD C8

Looks fine to me, but I really do not care about looks, it's about a sports car hauling ass :)

C8cabin.jpg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I have never heard of this guy, JR! Certainly not a mainstream journalist to my knowledge. The mainstream view is that the C8 is a worthy contender in the European market and now that it is in right hand drive, far more popular for previously non-Corvette buyers in the UK. Although I haven't driven one, I have been driven in one and from the passenger seat at least, it seems really great. I think it is good value for money and from talking to several owners, very good all round. Chuffer has a point about some of our roads - a sizeable [especially in width] car is less easy to drive quickly on what we call lanes than a small car purely from the risk of oncoming vehicles. Most of my driving in the US has been done in Florida [and I have racked up a few miles there] and there is very little there that equates anywhere close to some of our smaller roads. The closest thing I found was in Hawaii but the hire cars weren't exactly performance vehicles and the traffic volumes were high. If you ever get over here, I would be happy to take you round the lanes near me in my C5 - that would be fun! Happy to help with anything else from the video need "translating!"

Mark

Thanks for the reply Mark

It seemed to me that guy had it in for the Corvette before even going for his waxer cruise as he demeaned the car right from the start of his video
He should be lucky that a sports car like this allows for someone of his size to even fit in it.

As to sound of exhaust and even less HP and Tq, he should blame it on the EU as fricking smog laws requiring the EU C8 with a restrictive exhaust design, but he never even ran through the gears to understand the power/drivetrains or even test the different modes or use a road that had serious turns.

If you visit the Y-tube website for his video and look at the viewers replies to this video, the hate for the Corvette/America is clear
to one aussie claiming out of only 1,000 Z06s made that 300 of them the LT6 blowing up and all the wiring in C8s is junk

Anyone knowing that is a 30% failure rate and no way GM would be allowed to sell them until the high failure rate is solved, so outright lying.
Yet Aussie write-ups of test-driving C8s they rate it highly

Still hard to understand how narrow the UK roads are, must be a pain in the ass even trying to pass slow drivers

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
It can be a pain at times driving a left hooker on our roads and trying to pass slower vehicles and our narrow country lanes which in places can be not much more than one car wide can be `interesting` in a wide bodied C3 . But it`s the price we pay for indulging our dreams of owning a Corvette .

Roscobbc

Still hard to understand how narrow the UK roads are, must be a pain in the ass even trying to pass slow drivers
Not a 'pain' really Jon - invairiably the slower driver 'in front' is rarely placing him/herself towards the neas+rside edge of the road.......so with LHD its no real big deal to see right up the inside of the vehicle in front.......and use the power that the Corvette gods have allocated you to zoom past the slower mofo's........

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Having cut my teeth so to speak driving full size yanks during the tail end of the 1970’s in/around London, driving a little corvette around was a piece of piss.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Not a 'pain' really Jon - invairiably the slower driver 'in front' is rarely placing him/herself towards the neas+rside edge of the road.......so with LHD its no real big deal to see right up the inside of the vehicle in front.......and use the power that the Corvette gods have allocated you to zoom past the slower mofo's........

Got to be a real bummer when wanting to power shift at the rev limiter !
So are you allowed to dump them if they refuse to drive in the ditch ? :)

Roscobbc

Got to be a real bummer when wanting to power shift at the rev limiter !
So are you allowed to dump them if they refuse to drive in the ditch ? :)
Its generally accepted that a 'power shift' at max power generally occurs when passing the slower vehicle.........but you don't really want to be responsible for scaring an old lady in to the ditch do you? :cool::unsure::devilish:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Avoiding all the bloody potholes on our crap roads is far more hassle than getting past slower vehicles in a LH drive !!! You would think the UK was a third world country . 🤬
For the benefit of our colonial cousins on the other side of the pond , we have basically have three categories of roads in the UK .
Motorways
A Roads
B & C Roads .
A Roads are major trunk roads and B & C Roads are classed as minor roads but still have 60 mph limits unless otherwise stipulated . So Antijams local `single track ` road is 60mph as he said , thats only 10mph less than the permited max on our motorways !! Figure that one out ?? Worth pointing out that B & C minor roads make up 85% of all the UK roads at a total of about 200, 000 miles so you see what us Brits have to contend with !

antijam

CCCUK Member
As well as dealing with oncoming traffic, for many years driving the minor roads in the UK could lead to encounters with various livestock, horses, ramblers and Tractors hauling giant agricultural machinery slightly wider than the road itself. Nowadays add to these herds of 'Lycra louts' on bicycles and Amazon delivery vans whose drivers have entered 'shortest route' in the Sat Nav. Best time for a 'B road blast' now is probably around 2 o'clock at night; the drunks have either made it home or crashed and the biggest hazards are probably badgers or deer. Neither seem inclined to wear lights and an encounter with either at speed is probably going to be terminal for them and only slightly less so for you. ;)

Last edited:

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
As well as dealing with oncoming traffic, for many years driving the minor roads in the UK could lead to encounters with various livestock, horses, ramblers and Tractors hauling giant agricultural machinery slightly wider than the road itself. Nowadays add to these herds of 'Lycra louts' on bicycles and Amazon delivery vans whose drivers have entered 'shortest route' in the Sat Nav. Best time for a 'B road blast' now is probably around 2 o'clock at night; the drunks have either made it home or crashed and the biggest hazards are probably badgers or deer. Neither seem inclined to wear lights and an encounter with either at speed is probably going to be terminal for them and only slightly less so for you. ;)

I could send a friendly over for you to take care of those slowing you down :)

rte81speed_enforcement.jpg

I assure you they will be :

get.gif

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
you don't really want to be responsible for scaring an old lady in to the ditch do you? :cool::unsure::devilish:

Well if they look like this I would clearly stay right behind, her and give her a big Salute

hotchick.jpg

Else, Give them a
aniflagm.gif l

And then the WOT pedal
babyz.gifanisiren.gif
And scare the . . . . Out of them :)

animouse.gif