Twilight Mode

C5Steve

CCCUK Member
I was looking to add this to a thread somewhere but couldn't find one, so it'll get it's own one for now.....

After owning my car for 6 years now, I have only just realised what this setting in the DLC is for. Who knew I had automatic headlights :ROFLMAO:

Don't worry I've read all about how if you park in the garage it'll wear out the headlight gears as they'll always pop up so I won't actually be using it. I do love after all this time how I'm still finding things out about this car that I didn't realise. It's like finding a little cubby hole in the car or compartment that you didn't know about.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Twilight Sentinel (Option)

Twilight Sentinel provides a period of exterior illumination as you leave the vicinity of the vehicle.
The feature is activated when the headlamps are on due to the optional Automatic Headlamp Control feature
described previously in this section, and when the ignition is turned off.
Your headlamps will then remain on until the headlamp switch is moved from OFF to the parking lamp position or until an illumination period has
elapsed.
See “Driver Information Center (DIC)” in the Index to select the desired illumination period.

If you turn off the ignition with the headlamp switch in the parking lamp or headlamp position, the Twilight Sentinel cycle will not occur.
You can customize the vehicle to activate the Twilight Sentinel when the ignition is turned off under the conditions listed previously, or you may choose not to activate this feature under any conditions.
See “Driver Information Center (DIC)” in the Index to customize this feature.

C5Steve

CCCUK Member
Twilight Sentinel (Option)

Twilight Sentinel provides a period of exterior illumination as you leave the vicinity of the vehicle.
The feature is activated when the headlamps are on due to the optional Automatic Headlamp Control feature
described previously in this section, and when the ignition is turned off.
Your headlamps will then remain on until the headlamp switch is moved from OFF to the parking lamp position or until an illumination period has
elapsed.
See “Driver Information Center (DIC)” in the Index to select the desired illumination period.

If you turn off the ignition with the headlamp switch in the parking lamp or headlamp position, the Twilight Sentinel cycle will not occur.
You can customize the vehicle to activate the Twilight Sentinel when the ignition is turned off under the conditions listed previously, or you may choose not to activate this feature under any conditions.
See “Driver Information Center (DIC)” in the Index to customize this feature.
Yep I'd read that exact wording before, but what's missing is that it turns ON your headlights automatically when it gets dark. That was the surprise.

Pitre

Chairman, CCCUK.
Twilight sentinel sounds about as useful as the mini tumble dryer that you'll find hidden under the LH rear quarter panel (*)

* no, you won't. 🤣

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Headlight feature turned on is a real voltage drainer

Also, turning on a lot of those features via DIC options mode really suck down the battery voltage like

Easy Entry
The easy entry feature will only be available if the vehicle is equipped with the memory option.

Press the OPTIONS button until SEAT EASY ENTRY appears on the display, then use the RESET button to
page through the following choices:
SEAT EASY ENTRY ON
SEAT EASY ENTRY OFF

If you choose SEAT EASY ENTRY ON, when you turn the ignition off and remove the key, the seat will automatically
move back and the telescopic steering wheel
(if equipped)
will return to its full-forward position for an easy exit or an easy entrance when returning to the vehicle.

SEAT EASY ENTRY OFF, turns off this option.

C5Steve

CCCUK Member
Yeah I don't have any of those options on, just nice to continually be surprised by the tech on an (almost) 25 year old car.