Tyres

Andy76

Regular user
I'm sure this has been done to death over the years but from the current choice of tyres does anyone have any recommendations for a C6 Z06.

Its on Goodyear F1 Supersports at the moment. I don't find them particularly confidence inspiring in the damp or cooler northern climate but seem good in dry warm conditions.

Not looking for track tyres just good grippy all rounders for road use.

steviejasp

CCCUK Member
I couldn’t find anything in the correct sizes other than Michelin PS4 and Ps4s.
Even these are different front to back.
Very pleased with them though.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Genuine tyres for modern Corvettes seem all but unavailable in Europe - which is crazy.

I drive all year round so don't look for ultimate summer grip. On the Vette I currently have conventional Michelins - PS4S (£780 back in 2020). You already have Goodyears and I think they're another fine tyre - I bought a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 last week for another car (£860). Either way, you'll need to shop around for available sizes and sensible prices because at list they're over £1,000 a set.

Regarding grip, bear in mind Corvettes deploy a lot of torque onto just two wheels, which is a lot to ask of any tyre.

FIVE RED

CCCUK Member
My Michelin Pilot Sports were getting to the age when they needed replacing. Many recommendations including Falk**ns which I went for. Good grippy tyre but the noise is horrible, wish I'd never bought them.

Andy76

Regular user
Thanks. I'm waiting for prices from the place I use.

Good to know the Falkens are noisy as suspect they may offer them as a slightly cheaper alternative. I've had them on other cars without issue. Not sure how much noisier they will be over the exhaust right enough.....

Andy76

Regular user
Availability for the rears is a problem apparently but hope to have some Michelin's coming next week. 1k for the all 4 tyres, so about where I expected price wise.

GeordieBooty

New user
Given the date of post, I suspect you will be sorted by now, but I use Michelin PS4S not sure I’d try anything else now, had eagle F1 & Falkens but neither as good. PS4S very predictable, good wearing, great grip wet or dry, quiet and dare I say it better on fuel? Either way hope you got it sorted pal

Clouder

New user
Has anyone any ideas where there are stocks in the UK for rear tyres for the Z06? I’m trying to track down a pair of 325/30/19 tyres. Any ideas please?
Thanks.

Blackzed

CCCUK Member
I bought a full set from oponeo.co.uk a long while ago.
There's also blackcircles.com
Possibly also Keith Beschi at eurovettes.
It seems to be a running joke how difficult it is to get tyres in appropriate sizes.

Clouder

New user
Thanks for the advice everyone. It appears that we have Yokohama Advan Neova AD09 available in the UK at present, and maybe Michelin Pilot Sport.
Does anyone have experience of the Yokohama? Doesn’t need to be the best, only match the performance of the Goodyear.

Blackzed

CCCUK Member
I put Michelin Pilots Super Sports on mine.
I did have Yokohamas on an old Trans Am. They were good, almost too good for the car.
Michelins would be my go-to, though.