UK C8 update

Roscobbc

There are always people who can 'fund' their new vehicles via a company type purchase/set against tax/profits or some other 'creative' tax avoidence scheme who won't be in the least bit bothered about huge depreication - their accountant will solves that issue......

c5ynk

CCCUK Member
very true it just does not sit right with me but hay ho what do i know just like 2 pay cash and get a reasionable buy

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I think only the very foolish would pay 130k for a C8. ( or someone with more money than sense. Wait, that makes them foolish)

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
How much demand there is for C8 remains a different question, particularly in the context of Corvette being cheaper than its competitors in USA but the opposite way round in UK/Europe.
Which competitors (cars/models) in the UK/Europe are/will be cheaper than the C8?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I remember GM's launch of the C6ZR1 in the UK and GM's UK chief responsible for the launch and pinning down the specification for the UK responding incredulously at my suggestion that supplying as standard chromed alloy wheels was not the best option for UK buyers.
With GM seemingly leaving IAM to market the C8 and take 'holding' deposits I wonder how long buyers will have to wait and how many will receive 'Launch Editions'. Seems that the earlier hinted at exterior/interior colour options are far more limited than suggested with a fairly small 'palette' of options. Wonder who makes the marketing choices?
Accountants usually ! :unsure:

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Well, I've just been over to Ian Allan and seen a Right Hand Drive C8 in the flesh for the first time and it was looking pretty darned good in bright red with a part-red interior.
Awesome, It really does look like its going to happen then.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
I'm not in the market for a C8 and haven't driven one - I was just dropping my C7 at Ian Allan for service. They have two LHD cars - one is a red "static display" model (I think loaned by GM and will be returned to them in due course) and the other is a black car which they may have imported themselves to use as a demonstrator. I don't know the background to the red, RHD C8 but I'm pretty sure it's neither a customer car nor a demonstrator - so perhaps headed in the direction of a "major sponsor" in the same way early C7s ended up in the hands of Manchester United. But that's pure speculation on my part. It was interesting to see a genuine manufacturer car in RHD for the first time although so far as I'm aware customer cars are still some months away.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The prospect of a C8 being in the hands of a premiership footballer is too much to contemplate . :eek: But one of the British Lions is a much more palatable thought . Can I nominate my local home grown star Courtney Laws . (y)

Roscobbc

The prospect of a C8 being in the hands of a premiership footballer is too much to contemplate . :eek: But one of the British Lions is a much more palatable thought . Can I nominate my local home grown star Courtney Laws . (y)
Can make extremely good s/h buys.......

Stingray

CCCUK Member
C8 in RHD was on show at the Goodwood festival of speed today, looked good in red.
Aha! Sounds like that may well be the same car I saw a couple of weeks ago and explains its presence in UK. If you were at Festival of Speed, how do the looks of C8 stand up in comparison with that new Lotus they were also showing?