UK Sat Nav

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
I just use Google Maps and Waze through CarPlay.
I am thinking about sending the modules off to carperformance in Sweden over the winter to have them reprogrammed to Euro maps.

UTH

Regular user
I heard it costs something like £800 to get the satnav working in the UK?? And by that I meant the satnav that comes with the car.....

Paulus

Regular user
Like beancounter, I am using google maps through carplay.
I have contacted 'here' technologies who I was referred to by GM
who are the european suppliers of in car connection for them apparently??
Awaiting a reply......
If its £800.00 or thereabouts, I'll be going back to A-Z's, or I might even ask for
directions.................blimey, the old days eh??!

UTH

Regular user
Like beancounter, I am using google maps through carplay.
I have contacted 'here' technologies who I was referred to by GM
who are the european suppliers of in car connection for them apparently??
Awaiting a reply......
If its £800.00 or thereabouts, I'll be going back to A-Z's, or I might even ask for
directions.................blimey, the old days eh??!

Let us know how you get on, in an ideal world I'd like to have my satnav working rather than sticking my tomtom on the windscreen, but £800 certainly won't be worth it!

UKBeancounter

Committee Member
The price is Euro899 as I recall, but this also includes reprogramming the radio frequencies for UK use.
It seemed like a plan, but to be honest google maps seems fine so apart from not having directions showing on the HUD there is probably not much point upgrading.
Its annoying that in the US you can get a USB update for GM Satnav, but you cant buy one that converts US to UK maps.

Paulus

Regular user
Totally agree!!
I will defo not be paying out 900 Euro's. I'll see what this company comes back with but I doubt
it will be a cheap fix!!

UTH

Regular user
The price is Euro899 as I recall, but this also includes reprogramming the radio frequencies for UK use.
It seemed like a plan, but to be honest google maps seems fine so apart from not having directions showing on the HUD there is probably not much point upgrading.
Its annoying that in the US you can get a USB update for GM Satnav, but you cant buy one that converts US to UK maps.

Oh it does the radio too? Urgh, that's annoying as €900 really is too much, but I sort of hate the fact that the sat nav and radio basically are useless....I hate it when things don't work they way they should.

Stingray

CCCUK Member
If you want DIY conversion "on the cheap" I suggest installing a TomTom inside the centre display cubby (with electric sliding door) and/or an Alpine EZi-Go DAB adaptor.