UTAH VOTES $5 MILLION TO RESTORE BONNEVILLE SALT FLATS

N

Norm

Good deal! I'm not a land speed record aficionado, but I do enjoy seeing man go as fast as one can on the ground.

I've posted a few of these early on. My visit there in May '13 was surreal, we were the only humans there, nobody, no trash, no nothing, the place was clean of all of whatever was there in the past.

I made it out the the beginning of the black line, was going to just get on it to beat all, but then, well if I blow this engine up, who am I gonna call, Ghostbusters??? No cell phone reception. Then I remember seeing this warning sign, Caution, sink holes present.....duh.....

My conservatism came back real quick. Even with sunglasses on, it was so bright, my eyes had a hard time focusing.

Bonneville.jpgCopy of WP_20130510_016.jpgWP_20130510_011.jpgWP_20130510_013.jpgWP_20130510_014.jpgWP_20130510_015.jpgWP_20130510_017.jpgWP_20130510_018.jpgWP_20130510_019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
I project managed a music video shoot there in 2013 (had a brief cameo appearance too) and for me it was like walking out on hallowed ground.

Nobody else cared 2 figs about the history, but it was very special for me. Desolate, hard on the eyes, but stunning.

Like being on another planet (the reason we choose the location) but thankfully a few tributes to the speed records on hand.

Very cool memories. :cool:

FB_IMG_1552726224196.jpg

Roscobbc

Explanation:- where else in the world under controlled amd monitored conditions are you able to drive at such speeds?

RobsVette

CCCUK Member
Good deal! I'm not a land speed record aficionado, but I do enjoy seeing man go as fast as one can on the ground.

I've posted a few of these early on. My visit there in May '13 was surreal, we were the only humans there, nobody, no trash, no nothing, the place was clean of all of whatever was there in the past.

I made it out the the beginning of the black line, was going to just get on it to beat all, but then, well if I blow this engine up, who am I gonna call, Ghostbusters??? No cell phone reception. Then I remember seeing this warning sign, Caution, sink holes present.....duh.....

My conservatism came back real quick. Even with sunglasses on, it was so bright, my eyes had a hard time focusing.

View attachment 1717View attachment 1718View attachment 1719View attachment 1720View attachment 1721View attachment 1722View attachment 1724View attachment 1725View attachment 1726
Was there in 2001, sign looks newer but the bullet holes are still there!