Vette News - Great Read!

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
After a day on my feet at main entrance of Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, keeping attending staff and patients apart, cycled home and found the above had been delivered. Great way to spend late afternoon, with feet up and a cuppa. Well done all involved in producing same....oh yes and I renewed my membership online too, after receiving reminder email yesterday too - best corvette car club I've been in !!😂

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
After a day on my feet at main entrance of Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, keeping attending staff and patients apart, cycled home and found the above had been delivered. Great way to spend late afternoon, with feet up and a cuppa. Well done all involved in producing same....oh yes and I renewed my membership online too, after receiving reminder email yesterday too - best corvette car club I've been in !!😂
You beat me too it! I Couldn't agree more. In these lockdown times the magazine is a very welcome distraction keeping the club & our friends uppermost in our minds during these testing times. Everything about the mag is great. The articles, photos & even the nice heavyweight paper it's printed on. The dedication of the contributors is to be highly commended. Please keep going!
I particularly enjoyed the report by Barry our South Central rep, who is our beloved leader in these parts. I unfortunately couldn't make the last couple of meets before the CV lockdown. So it was with great joy & laughter that I read Barry's 2 page witty & whimsical account of events. We are truly lucky here in Central South. Thank you Barry!

Invetterate

CCCUK Member
Thank you so much for your kind comments - it is greatly appreciated and really means a lot. Jonny and I try hard to make the mag as good a read as possible, so it is most encouraging to have positive feedback and we are very grateful to our contributors. We are already putting together the next edition. [That wasn't meant to sound like a threat, by the way......]

Take care everybody and stay well

Thanks again

Mark
[The nearest thing the Club has to an Editor]

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
You beat me too it! I Couldn't agree more. In these lockdown times the magazine is a very welcome distraction keeping the club & our friends uppermost in our minds during these testing times. Everything about the mag is great. The articles, photos & even the nice heavyweight paper it's printed on. The dedication of the contributors is to be highly commended. Please keep going!
I particularly enjoyed the report by Barry our South Central rep, who is our beloved leader in these parts. I unfortunately couldn't make the last couple of meets before the CV lockdown. So it was with great joy & laughter that I read Barry's 2 page witty & whimsical account of events. We are truly lucky here in Central South. Thank you Barry!
Cheers Steve - Can I have my Fiver back now!

JonnyC4

CCCUK Member
Thanks, guys for the great comments, I've received some more through various social media. Like Mark writes, we try to bring the magazine as good as possible, so keep sending in your articles or even ideas for articles.

We're working on the new edition!

Last edited:

Nick B

CCCUK Member
Loved the 383 engine build by Andy, well written with great photos. Makes me feel like rebuilding my motor and it doesn't even need it! 😅

Fishy Dave

CCCUK Member
Another great edition folks; I'm now "well oiled" and so jealous of our track day members too!View attachment 6783
My issue hasn't arrived yet but really chuffed to be on the front cover. Thanks Mark for all your work along with Jonny Bens. Jimbo, see if you can get along to Donington on 2nd November for another trackday, you'd be most welcome to passenger laps with Ritchie or I (same goes for any other member).
Look out for another North Weald handling day too if you fancy getting your car on track in relative safety. 🙂

Roscobbc

Great edition of Vette News fella's - well done Jonny and Mark for getting it all together - and well done to Dave, Andy and all the other contributors helping us to fill the pages!

Vettemike09

Committee Member
Glad to hear you are all enjoying the latest magazine. Mark and Jonny put a lot of time and effort into getting it spot on every time....... I know you will all have heard it before but the more articles they have the better the magazine becomes, so get out your old pictures and tell them the story behind your Vette or even the story about a trip you took in it. You may just inspire others to do the same trip and help make Mark and Jonny's job a little bit easier!!

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
Loved the 383 engine build by Andy, well written with great photos. Makes me feel like rebuilding my motor and it doesn't even need it! 😅
Yep, only just read that now...and when I look at my Gas Monkey Hot Wheels Vette and my mate is rebuilding his brother's Supercharged small block RS Camaro, gets me pining for a blown motor!

stealthyflatfish

Well-known user
So what to do on a boring Sunday in lockdown, I know break out the latest edition of Vette news to amuse , four hours later finished.
And you know what, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, very interesting, loving the new format with more technical articles.
It's very gratifying to read from other knowledgable people that what you put in and run your vette on is correct for your ride and the modifications
you have made to your own vette have been duplicated by others, confirming what you did is correct.
Well done to all involved, keep it coming and stay safe. (y)