Vette News

Motorbikes

Regular user
Evening,

It appears I've not received a copy of the mag since the October edition. Is this the same for others or just me?

Thanks

Rich

Administrator
Me too. It is bi-monthly and I had problems with receipt of the October issue and the December one hasn't appeared yet, although some received it last week.

Rob, Membership Secretary, has some spare copies. I'll give it a couple of days.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I changed my address on here a short while ago, so I'll have to see which house it ends up at. Not at the new house yet, but could be the old one (I'll be back at it at some point, its close to being sold.... hopefully).

Invetterate

CCCUK Member
Following comments about variations in delivery times [I myself did not receive my copy until Monday], I contacted the Business Development Manager at the printer we use to check whether Vette News was sent out in batches for instance. Here is his reply:

"I’m really sorry to hear about the postage issues. All copies of Vette News were sent out at the same time; they have to be sent at the same time to ensure we get the postage rates we do.

Sadly, I am getting lots of complaints about very similar delays with the postage. I believe that Royal Mail and the courier networks all over the country are struggling to cope with the volume of mail going through the system. I realise it is a difficult time for them but it is a rather frustrating situation at the same time.

I hope that helps, I’m not sure it does, but hopefully that helps to explain the current situation we find ourselves in"

A very reasonable response I am sure you will agree, so sorry about any delays in the arrival of your copy of Vette News, but there is nothing we can really do about it....

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it once it has arrived!

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Mine arrived today with a redirection. (Just updated my new address in the Mojo site)
Looking forward to viewing it later today. (y) :cool:

Roscobbc

Can confirm statement re post and carriers. Local sorting office is short on staff due to Covid. Post is up to a week late. Carriers 'next day' is up to 3 days.

Motorbikes

Regular user
Glad to know I haven't dropped off a mailing list then- after reading the replies to this thread, I'm looking forward to receiving my copy (y)

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I changed my address on here a short while ago, so I'll have to see which house it ends up at. Not at the new house yet, but could be the old one (I'll be back at it at some point, its close to being sold.... hopefully).
Mine arrived at my new address. So that confirms that I did the address change correctly then :)

Rob59C1

Administrator
I was considering sending a mojo email to all members to check they have received Vette News but it seems from this thread, the problem is caused by delays in the postal service.
However, please let me know if anyone on his forum hasn't received their copy.
Also check your address in mojo is correct because that's the one the printer uses.