Vinyl / leather / plastic dye in the UK?

Last triumph

Well-known user
I see lots of reports that the latest spray dyes can yield very good results when refreshing interior components, with SEM being a product with a particularly strong reputation.

My '81 has a Silver interior which I guess is either the same colour, or very close to that of a Pace Car.

The interior is in very good condition and all original, but there's a few areas that I might try to improve if I can find the correct colour / decent quality dye.

Given its so difficult to get aerosols and other paint materials shipped over, I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience of using similar products in the UK, especially if Silver was used?

Any suggestions/recommendations?

I appreciate 90% is all in the prep etc, but ultimately good colour match, accurate surface sheen and longevity/quality are product dependant which is where my focus lies.

johng

CCCUK Member
I have seen a couple of places that sell vinyl/leather dye in the UK, here's one of them.
Vinylkote Vinyl Paint | Leather Spray Paint | Kolorbond
I decided to replace my seat covers and door skins, so was left with mostly hard plastics that needed refreshing. I used a 2 pack acrylic paint that a local supplier mixed up to match my existing parts. I made a bit of a mistake here as my existing parts had faded, so the whilst the paint matched them very well it doesn't quite match my new seat covers and door cards :( I did need to recolour my sun visors and the rubber cover for the handbrake tunnel. I tried adding a plasticiser to the paint and this worked really well, you can bend these bits and so far the paint hasn't cracked.

Rich

Administrator
Speak to Staingard.co.uk which is owned by a CCCUK member. They advertised in April Vette News.

Last triumph

Well-known user
I have seen a couple of places that sell vinyl/leather dye in the UK, here's one of them.
Vinylkote Vinyl Paint | Leather Spray Paint | Kolorbond
I decided to replace my seat covers and door skins, so was left with mostly hard plastics that needed refreshing. I used a 2 pack acrylic paint that a local supplier mixed up to match my existing parts. I made a bit of a mistake here as my existing parts had faded, so the whilst the paint matched them very well it doesn't quite match my new seat covers and door cards :( I did need to recolour my sun visors and the rubber cover for the handbrake tunnel. I tried adding a plasticiser to the paint and this worked really well, you can bend these bits and so far the paint hasn't cracked.
Thanks - was this silver by any chance?