WANTED: 69-72 Stingray

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Hi guys. I'm still searching for a stingray to replace my project 71 stingray I sold because I could not take on the challenge of restoring a car but I'm happy that it gave me experience in driving a classic stingray and I loved it. I just want one in great condition that I can hopefully daily drive and not worry about working on so please if you have or you know someone who might want to put up for sale please let me know.

Looking for automatic t-top coupe without luggage rack and ideally with stock delco stereo (I like classic cars to be factory stock to get the full experience). And again must be in great condition as I want to be proud of my classic corvette and not have to worry about it.

I was eyeing up a great condition 70 in dark blue for 23k but sadly I have decided to rule out dark paint.

Thank you guys and I look forward to getting my next stingray to love and cherish for many years to come. I'm based in west sussex.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Automatic, good choice.
No to dark colours? I think dark colours suite the lines of the car very well.
No rear rack? Really, I think they make the car. I love them. Obviously if they are a bit rusty they look terrible, but in nice condition I think they look great.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I also don’t like rear racks on mid year convertibles. Although probably practical especially with the soft top down, it just doesn’t look right to me.
IMG_1609.jpegIMG_1608.jpeg

Roscobbc

Now this I like

View attachment 24170

This I hate. Looks bloody awful to me. Who in his right mind would fit it ? The mind boggles.

View attachment 24171
C2 rack looks like a dog guard relocated. Can't say rack on C4 does anything for me - shame GM couldn't have figured a 'removable' rack = would have been the best of both worlds. BTW has anyone actually entrusted their 'T' tops to the rack.........?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The C4 convertible rack wasn’t too bad looking I thought.
IMG_1611.jpeg

This chap had a colour matched case for his.

Attachments

• IMG_1612.jpeg
    IMG_1612.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Here’s a 1980 corvette, with the rare factory option of a roof panel carrier. Only 3755 were ordered for the 1980 model at a cost $125.
IMG_1613.jpegIMG_1614.jpegIMG_1614.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1615.jpeg
    IMG_1615.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 2

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I dont hate them but they do detract from the lines. The other thing is how nice the hard top looks on the red one 😍👍
Yes, convertibles look nice with their hard top on. Mines only been on the car three times in 31 years.
Good for back in the day when they were just “cars” to be used all year round. Northern state people could put it on in October until April, keeping the interior damp free during winter.
Quite heavy for what it is. Removal/installation is definitely a two man job.