Wanted: 80-82 Corvette

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I'm looking for a fully or mostly stock driver quality small block that doesn't have rust issues. I have scouted websites but posting here for any luck within the club. I live in West Sussex.

It has to be white or red.

Thanks everyone! I tried to post in Wanted.

Last edited:

SESH

CCCUK Member
POST EDITED BY MODERATOR

Are you a club member? If not please do not offer a car for sale which bears no resemblance to what the OP is looking for.
If you are a club member please contact the memsec.

Roscobbc

James Vette - We see so many people who are 'new' to Vettes in the UK (talking about C3's) who 'push the button' first without real knowledge of what they are doing, only to later find out they've bought a potential lemon. My advice to you would be to firstly join the club (and going on the Facebook pages is 'not' joining the club). I'd suggest go to events ans regional meetings but that is difficult currently. Get involved on this forum - there could be a suitable 80 - 82 already here in the UK that may 'float your boat' depending on your budget, You have a better chance of finding a really low mileage late model Vette than earlier versions - simply on the basis that in its day the 80-82 being more of a cruiser that a performance car appealed to a different type of owner who perhaps used it less. You'll need to be patient. Do not source a car through one of the UK Ebay or Facebook ad's unless sure they are at the vert least a 'known' dealer - there too many people who have no knowledge of Vettes thinking they can source any POS Vette from the 'States and make a few £K's selling at an inflated price. Join the club and you can advertise in the 'wanted' section of Vette News - it reaches something like 900 members - and be patient you may find someone who's looking to sell............

Last edited:

SESH

CCCUK Member
POST EDITED BY MODERATOR

Are you a club member? If not please do not offer a car for sale which bears no resemblance to what the OP is looking for.
If you are a club member please contact the memsec.
Hi,
No I am not a full club member, but I have obviously joined the forum.
My apologies if I breached any protocols here, but I thought I was just replying to a post from another forum member. I wasn't placing an ad.
I am not new to Corvettes and I am not a dealer, I have owned this car for 5 years and only selling because I have just bought a '66 C2 BB.
Please Roscobbc do not jump to conclusions.
Thank you.
Mike

Roscobbc

Hi,
No I am not a full club member, but I have obviously joined the forum.
My apologies if I breached any protocols here, but I thought I was just replying to a post from another forum member. I wasn't placing an ad.
I am not new to Corvettes and I am not a dealer, I have owned this car for 5 years and only selling because I have just bought a '66 C2 BB.
Please Roscobbc do not jump to conclusions.
Thank you.
Mike
Twasn't me who moderated the post Mike - someone else, another moderator - I haven't even seen your post and totally unaware of content! - so its not me jumping to conclusions (you've just done that yourself........)

SESH

CCCUK Member
James Vette - We see so many people who are 'new' to Vettes in the UK (talking about C3's) who 'push the button' first without real knowledge of what they are doing, only to later find out they've bought a potential lemon. My advice to you would be to firstly join the club (and going on the Facebook pages is 'not' joining the club). I'd suggest go to events ans regional meetings but that is difficult currently. Get involved on this forum - there could be a suitable 80 - 82 already here in the UK that may 'float your boat' depending on your budget, You have a better chance of finding a really low mileage late model Vette than earlier versions - simply on the basis that in its day the 80-82 being more of a cruiser that a performance car appealed to a different type of owner who perhaps used it less. You'll need to be patient. Do not source a car through one of the UK Ebay or Facebook ad's unless sure they are at the vert least a 'known' dealer - there too many people who have no knowledge of Vettes thinking they can source any POS Vette from the 'States and make a few £K's selling at an inflated price. Join the club and you can advertise in the 'wanted' section of Vette News - it reaches something like 900 members - and be patient you may find someone who's looking to sell............
Sorry Roscobbc, but I thought the above was your post. I hadn't realised that it was in fact a Moderator. I knew that a moderator had removed my original post and as it says Moderator under your name, I thought the post and the deletion was by yourself, so I apologise if I got that wrong.
All I was trying to say was that I answered someone's post (James Vette) who initially said he was looking for a 74-76 car as well as an 80-82. His preference was blue for the 74-76. I wasn't placing an ad, just replying to a post. Plus the post by the Moderator inferring that I was a dealer trying his luck with a recently imported car is way off the mark and not true. I have owned this Vette for 5 years and only selling it because I have bought a '66 C2 big block. It is in fact a nice car.
I joined this forum to see what it was like, how friendly everyone was and to share information with likeminded Corvette enthusiasts. I own quite a number of different make classic cars and it is expensive to join all the clubs. I am a member and talk regularly on other classic car chat forums plus other platforms with Corvette owners and NCRS people and they seem a good bunch.
My apologies again if I got this wrong, but it was an innocent mistake. I am a genuine private owner just looking to sell a genuine 74 model C3 because I bought a C2.
Mike

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Mike
You’ve read too much into Roscco’s post that’s not there’s. It’s not a comment on you but just general advice to the OP. All of which is perfectly sensible. There’s a few known rogues out there.

Tim

PS now you’ve got two Vettes you really should join ;)

SESH

CCCUK Member
Mike
You’ve read too much into Roscco’s post that’s not there’s. It’s not a comment on you but just general advice to the OP. All of which is perfectly sensible. There’s a few known rogues out there.

Tim

PS now you’ve got two Vettes you really should join ;)
Thanks Tim,
It's just that when a comment like that is made in the context of a conversation you are involved with, then it infers that I could be one of those "rogues" and it couldn't be further from the truth.
I will certainly consider joining in the new year, once we have sorted out all the current nonsense of Covid!
Cheers
Mike

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Thanks Tim,
It's just that when a comment like that is made in the context of a conversation you are involved with, then it infers that I could be one of those "rogues" and it couldn't be further from the truth.
I will certainly consider joining in the new year, once we have sorted out all the current nonsense of Covid!
Cheers
Mike

Now you’re here though, there’s a C2 section crying out for photos

SESH

CCCUK Member
Ok will post some photos on the C2 section.(y)
Am I allowed to post some photos of my 74 model C3 on the C3 section, that is technically for sale?
Mike

Rich

Administrator
Mike. I moderated your post and advised you of the reason at the time. I don't feel that I implied that you are a dealer. However, thank you for appreciating that there are protocols which we have to adhere to. Happy to discuss further - perhaps by PM.