Wanted C5

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
Hi everyone. Thanks for letting me onto the forum. Not a Corvette owner at the moment but hopefully will be soon. I'm looking for a C5, preferably 2001 onwards but would consider earlier for the right car. Budget of around £15,000

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
Hi, I am in Norfolk and no I haven't looked at any C5's yet, not in the flesh anyway. Any help in what to look out for would be appreciated. Bob

Invetterate

CCCUK Member
Hi Bob

Happy to help! If you email me at editor@corvetteclub.org.uk I will send you the Club C5 Buyer's Guide and we can set up a dialogue [if you wish!]

I love my C5 - bought it with view to keeping it a couple of years. That was 17 years ago.....

Take care

Kind regards,

Mark

Shanoppolo49

Regular user
Hi Bob, Did you get much of a response to this? I'm after a C5 (preferably a 2002+ black manual with the clear / smoke targa top), but as I'm new I can't seem to post. If anyone reached out to you with anything like this I'd be grateful if you could pass any info across?

Invetterate

CCCUK Member
Hi Bob, Did you get much of a response to this? I'm after a C5 (preferably a 2002+ black manual with the clear / smoke targa top), but as I'm new I can't seem to post. If anyone reached out to you with anything like this I'd be grateful if you could pass any info across?

Hi! Welcome.

Have you joined the Club? If so, you will be able to post.

In the meantime, a C5 is a great choice and I will be happy to send you the club guide if you email me at editor@corvetteclub.org.uk

Your requirements are very specific and you may have to wait a considerable time for a black manual to come up for sale particularly with the transparent roof. You will have more chance finding one in the States. Plenty of our members have imported them themselves but you need to research the process and be aware of the costs involved.

There were roughly two autos for every manual C5 made and that is probably higher in the UK as you have probably found out. Same goes for the transparent roof panel.

Anyway, good luck with your search! Suggest you join the Club. For £40 a year, it is a good way to get info and meet owners before and after you buy. There is always someone who can help or give advice etc.

Cheers

Mark

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
Hi
I had a bit of response but as Mark said you are looking for a very specific car and may not find it. I was lucky and found the C5 I wanted. It's a great car and soo happy with it. As Mark said join the club and get to some local meetings, they're a great bunch and will help as much as they can.

Shanoppolo49

Regular user
That's great Bob and thank you both for your responses.

Yes that would be the dream car, but I am willing to compromise in most areas. For the most part I'd just prefer a 2002+ manual C5/Z06 and don't have the confidence to pull off yellow!

Mark, I'll send you a a private email as I'd be keen to hear more.