What a Great Day Out

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
After a day of endless rain yesterday we had wall to wall sunshine at the annual Rushden Classic Car & Bike Show at Rushden Hall Park in Northants . Always good event with a big turmout that sells out months in advance . A handfull of BBNC members was considerably bolstered by our friends from Central South Region that had travelled considerable distances to be with us , a Big thankyou to you all . Nine Corvettes from C3`s through to C7 and Champers and strawberries for elevens `s DSC_2904.JPGDSC_2905.JPGDSC_2909.JPGDSC_2910.JPGDSC_2911.JPGDSC_2912.JPGDSC_2913.JPG once the display area was set up ! What`s not to like . (y) 😁

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
How about being a nice guy and swap weather with me, since I see many where you are wearing coats in mid-summer !

Been like this every day for 3 months now :-(

frickhot.jpgbitchhot.jpg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Yeah , we could do with some of that !! It was a bit cool early morning for August even by UK standards but definitely T shirt weather by the afternoon . :cool:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Message to whoever supplied the champagne (Mr G Pillon Esq??), Jeannie says count us in next year.
Bubbly , strawberries and a scrummy cake all courtesy of Mike & Debbie Penn to celebrate their 40th Wedding Anniversay , and course 70 years of Corvette too !! 🥳
Book early for next year to avoid disappointment . :LOL:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Spotted a couple of other Vettes in the general parking area and a few interesting Americana in the display zones .DSC_2925.JPGDSC_2926.JPGDSC_2930.JPGDSC_2936.JPGDSC_2932.JPGDSC_2933.JPGDSC_2935.JPGDSC_2937.JPG

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Talking of "interesting" Americana - was at the WSR show over the weekend and met a guy with 60s (?) Ford Cortina estate..... with a 450bhp 6 litre small block Chevy shoehorned into it. Apparently the previous owner used it for drag racing etc. The new owner just drives it for fun and to shows etc. It looked a proper sleeper beast, but sadly I got no photos of it.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Pity you got no piccies , I bet that Cortina is a bit of a hand full . That Chevy Bel Air in my pics is fully road legal and is always turning up at shows in my area and causes quite a stir on public roads . :LOL: