What did you do with your Vette today?

PAZ9556

CCCUK Member
Must admit I adjusted mine up and the cable ,seems ok to be fair must of been lucky and all parts are original (y):)

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
Back in the States my C3 wore sidepipes.....

View attachment 1748

Over here, reverting to a standard system revealed that fitting the pipes had necessitated nibbling away the alloy rocker panels....

View attachment 1749

So today finally got round (with the CK supplying new panels and a mounting repair kit) to replacing them....

View attachment 1750

A bit tidier... :)
So you like fixed tops then, those 250 flat heads sound lovely - nice group

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
I guess you mean this.....?

View attachment 1936

... the british 'Hemi'. The sound makes your hair curl! :)
Looks in great shape - Still a Dynamo then, my Father's friend had a Dart he drove it around the Middle East, Africa and all manner of places, I remember riding in the back of it in my very early teens when he lived in Brighton - lovely sound. David Manners here in the Midlands sell a lot of the resto parts for them.

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
Handbrake adjustments went well, 7/8 clicks and holding car nicely.
Timing set up/tuning of carb, went ok, think I still need to adjust the carb screws, but she seems to idle fine now.
Wheels and tyres all taken off, tyres swapped to all black, I've never been a fan of the white lettering. Wheels all balanced nicely too.
When out for test drive last night, discovered bulb for gear selector panel out!
So this morning, took console out and actually discovered wire in bulb holder was crap, so replaced and soldered up, rather than crimped, all good now!
IMG_20190323_073009.jpgIMG_20190323_072948.jpg

phill78

CCCUK Member
Well that was a sore one
took the car in to have the brakes blead as a bit soft
long and short of it £1295 for new calipers all round
wifes not to happy with me :(

PAZ9556

CCCUK Member
Well that was a sore one
took the car in to have the brakes blead as a bit soft
long and short of it £1295 for new calipers all round
wifes not to happy with me :(
Ouch bet that hurt Phil couldn’t you of resealed them ??

phill78

CCCUK Member
i think they are known for leaking over time
the the same as the exhaust manafolds
i could have got second hand ones
but at the end of the day they are 40 yrs old as well

C5Steve

CCCUK Member
Finally fitted my new wheels. Obviously these are not going to be to everyone's taste but I absolutely love them. Cannot stop looking at them everytime I park up. No decent pics yet but here's a couple after I put them on.
IMG_20190320_131304_120.jpgIMG_20190317_133330.jpg

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Mega Wheels! Are we allowed to ask what make/brand they are and the sizes of the wheels/tyres? The look like the HRE FlowForms, but suspect they are not? Certainly fill out the wheel arches/Looks great! (y)

Last edited:

C5Steve

CCCUK Member
You now need to use that colour to highlight some of the bodywork, perhaps a couple of longitudinal strips either side of the power bulge.....

Not a bad suggestion, first step will be to repaint the fuel rail covers to match then we'll take it from there.