What does the team think?

Roscobbc

Seen this '65 C2 Vert for sale IMHO a fabulous colour, Glen Green at £49.5K - non original 350 (reputedly out of '72 LT1) and 5 speed 'box, so obviously not matching numbers.......
TBH, way out of my price league - but what do we think about the price?
1965-chevrolet-corvette-654666887edda.jpg

Last edited:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Looks really nice, and with the 5 speed manual box it must be nicer to cruise on the motorway in.

I'd buy it, except for two reasons:
1) I'd never have that level of money to spend on a car (unless lottery win etc). Sad but true.
2) I'd have to get rid of my C3, which is sentimental to me as I got it around the time I met my now wife, and used it for our wedding car.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Stunning and love the colour combo . Just the right mods to make it more enjoyable to drive too . Many classic cars get gear box swaps for the same reason such as E Types etc.
Unfortunately well beyond my reach though . :cry: Incredibly low mileage too if genuine . It needs to be driven and enjoyed .

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Very nice. The five speed box will obviously be a great improvement over the old 4-speed. NOM wouldn’t bother me at all as many corvettes have had engine swaps. In fact there are MORE matching number 427ci BB corvettes about now than Chevrolet actually built.
Seems a reasonable price.
Glen green is also a very nice colour.

Roscobbc

Stunning and love the colour combo . Just the right mods to make it more enjoyable to drive too . Many classic cars get gear box swaps for the same reason such as E Types etc.
Unfortunately well beyond my reach though . :cry: Incredibly low mileage too if genuine . It needs to be driven and enjoyed .
I'm with you on all that Chuffer. I think the mileometer is inoperative......yes, as nice and usable and desirable as it is....its out of my reach too unfortunately......

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Back in the early 90’s there used to be exactly the same car about the Hackney area ( east London) saw it at least 3 times a week. Finally met the owner a young chap outside morelli’s in mare street. Loved the colour then, still do now.

Johnrdking

CCCUK Member
Seen this '65 C2 Vert for sale IMHO a fabulous colour, Glen Green at £49.5K - non original 350 (reputedly out of '72 LT1) and 5 speed 'box, so obviously not matching numbers.......
TBH, way out of my price league - but what do we think about the price?
1965-chevrolet-corvette-654666887edda.jpg

Pity it's a convertible, if it was a Coupe I'd have made an offer already! It's a decent price compared to what I've seen elsewhere.

Roscobbc

So at £49.5k is it worth £10.5k more than the '63 Vert at Anglia Car Auctions recently?
'63 Vert at Anglia Car Auctions
An interesting comparison - both cars with non original engines (although perhaps the '63 replacement could have been 'period correct') - I did think at the time the '63 went for a reasonable price.......certainly not at some of the historic 'elevated' prices over the years we've seen with similar Vettes. I still think many C2' are overpriced (and have been for a long while) - however with so many people having payed 'the price' for C2's over the years one can't expect a downwards change (except perhaps for 'forced' sales).

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Unless mileage’s can be absolutely confirmed, certainly on a car some 59 years old, they should be taken with a pinch of salt.

phild

CCCUK Member
Reminds me of the '65 C2 Coupe I had as its the same colour. It also had a 350 bottom end and other period upgrades. Some of you old hands may remember it as it was featured on a Men & Motors TV show in 2005 and in a club magazine article. Sold it in 2009 to make way for a C5 ZO6. Registration was NME **C and, given what I got for it back then, this ones a reasonable price if all is as it should be.

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Reminds me of the '65 C2 Coupe I had as its the same colour. It also had a 350 bottom end and other period upgrades. Some of you old hands may remember it as it was featured on a Men & Motors TV show in 2005 and in a club magazine article. Sold it in 2009 to make way for a C5 ZO6. Registration was NME **C and, given what I got for it back then, this ones a reasonable price if all is as it should be.
So phild, do you ever regret selling it, or do you prefer having a later generation Vette? Would you buy another one, or have you "ticked the box" on that one?