What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

Redlevel

Well-known user
Clever me removed both corroded coolant lines from the autobox to the radiator without checking what goes where.. Doh!
The US Corvetteforum kept me right as usual though.πŸ‘

Redlevel

Well-known user
Now, its a case of which ATF to refill with. Will it be..
Dexron 11 or 111 and if its 111, which suffix letter version or maybe even Dexron VI which I believe is synthetic and thinner.. πŸ€”

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
Last weekend I got round to fixing the headlamp assembly as have had problems with it since buying the car. It kept breaking the plastic stops and I could see the motor had been bodged as it was wrapped up with insulation tape. The arm on the motor was loose and so was the motor and only had 2 bolts instead of three holding it on. Stripped the motor, greased and put back together. Then minor adjustment to the stop arm (bent it) and should cure breaking the plastic stops. Freed off and greased the headlight adjusters while off the car and everything back together and working fine. Now on the look out for a couple of T85 UK headlights to improve night driving.

Attachments

• PXL_20201114_125201947.jpg
    PXL_20201114_125201947.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20201114_125439864.jpg
    PXL_20201114_125439864.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20201114_135434506.jpg
    PXL_20201114_135434506.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20201114_155439627.MP.jpg
    PXL_20201114_155439627.MP.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20201115_113431346.jpg
    PXL_20201115_113431346.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20201115_122101917.jpg
    PXL_20201115_122101917.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 7

antijam

CCCUK Member
Well I've just treated the 'Vette (and my other cars) to an under-bonnet wad of cotton wool dosed with Peppermint essential oil.....

1-P1370049.JPG

We live out in the sticks and share our rural environment with a wide variety of flora and fauna. Despite my generously leaving tasty snacks of peanut butter around the garage......

1-P1370047.JPG

........as the cold weather approaches some of the smaller fauna seem to develop a preference for automotive wiring - expensively incapacitating my Hybrid Toyota a couple of years ago - I guess a warm engine bay is more comfortable than a cold garage. I have since discovered that peppermint is allegedly a very effective rodent deterrent, so now part of my winter service schedule includes regularly topping up the cotton wool pads with the oil.
Hopefully this may stimulate their taste for peanut butter.... :devilish:

Landers174

CCCUK Member
MOT and service for my C6 a couple of days ago... not normally something worth mentioning but given that a week before it was only starting half the time and the instrument cluster appeared to be dead, quite pleased.

Now that is out of the way, time to pick up a few things for the interior.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
MOT and service for my C6 a couple of days ago... not normally something worth mentioning but given that a week before it was only starting half the time and the instrument cluster appeared to be dead, quite pleased.

Now that is out of the way, time to pick up a few things for the interior.

Is it all fixed then ?

Landers174

CCCUK Member
Is it all fixed then ?
Possibly. Starting issue appears to have been due to low batteries in my keyfobs and the car not detecting them (had the cluster been working a message on the DIC would have alerted me to this sooner), not had any issues since changing the fob batteries. Cluster is more of a mystery, it had been a problem for a lot longer and simply started working again at about the same time.

The car has been working perfectly for a week now so time will tell, maybe I've gotten away with it.

Roscobbc

Well I've just treated the 'Vette (and my other cars) to an under-bonnet wad of cotton wool dosed with Peppermint essential oil.....

View attachment 8091

We live out in the sticks and share our rural environment with a wide variety of flora and fauna. Despite my generously leaving tasty snacks of peanut butter around the garage......

View attachment 8090

........as the cold weather approaches some of the smaller fauna seem to develop a preference for automotive wiring - expensively incapacitating my Hybrid Toyota a couple of years ago - I guess a warm engine bay is more comfortable than a cold garage. I have since discovered that peppermint is allegedly a very effective rodent deterrent, so now part of my winter service schedule includes regularly topping up the cotton wool pads with the oil.
Hopefully this may stimulate their taste for peanut butter.... :devilish:
It that more effective that male human urine? - Urine is very effective at keeping cats and foxes away from your property - not too sure about rodents like mice, rats and squirrels.........

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Possibly. Starting issue appears to have been due to low batteries in my keyfobs and the car not detecting them (had the cluster been working a message on the DIC would have alerted me to this sooner), not had any issues since changing the fob batteries. Cluster is more of a mystery, it had been a problem for a lot longer and simply started working again at about the same time.

The car has been working perfectly for a week now so time will tell, maybe I've gotten away with it.

Always find it annoying when things fix themselves without explanation!

antijam

CCCUK Member
It that more effective that male human urine? - Urine is very effective at keeping cats and foxes away from your property - not too sure about rodents like mice, rats and squirrels.........

I'm not sure either:unsure:, but I know which I prefer to have under my bonnet.....:)

Paul Newman

CCCUK regional rep
Well folks......took mine out yesterday as part of my Covid-wellness routine and it bloody works I can tell you. People staring at this 'Little' Red Corvette purring by :oops: !!! Pulled up at some two lane traffic lights, another local CCCUK member pulled up to my right in his white van, honked his horn, gave me a big smile and out his thumbs up, cheers Steve ;)(y)! Got new brake discs and pads coming in the New Year, advisory at this year's MOT, they work fine but not in top order, discs are past their best unfortunately. Other than that I'm actively considering meets, events, venues and road trips for next year, provided we are less restricted of course? Recently the Central North region has welcomed several new members with various classic Vettes, so I'll look forward to meeting as many as I can in 2021. Stay safe everybody and hope that Santa doesn't catch Covid-19 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

Robert Craske

Well-known user
Well as you asked??? Planning in the near future ( when the Covid restrictions are more relaxed )to have converted one of my C5 Corvettes to LPG and then to use the car as more of a daily driver when the weather is good. I use my cars more in Europe where LPG is more available and much cheaper than in the UK so this will make the car a very cheap daily driver. Life is too short to miss out on driving these cars and I plan making some long European trips. Will attach more information and photos when eventually the car has been converted.

antijam

CCCUK Member
Nice weather today, so a good time to put the soft top up.......

1-P1370036.JPG

......get out the scissors, Stanley knife and staple puller and start hacking it off......

1-P1370055.JPG

I have a new top on order but it seemed a good idea to check the state of the frame and tack strips and carry out any necessary repairs before it arrives. With most of it uncovered it doesn't look in bad shape. Still some disassembly to finish - it's a complicated soft top - and there are gazillions of tiny staples to remove!

1-P1370066.JPG

Winter is not a good time to fit a new top, so an update on installation progress may be some time. :whistle: