What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I've been looking at 74-77 C3's and I'm pretty keen on a blue one but I saw Gavin at EMC Performance is selling one in flame orange and I think I like that too. Would be nice to visit him but it's hours away and I don't want him to get his hopes up of selling it in case it's not for me.
You have got to be prepared to travel distances when looking to buy a classic car . They rarely appear on your doorstep , so get out there once Covid travel restrictions are lifted and start looking at cars . I get the impression that you are in the south coast area somewhere , so about 150 miles ish to EMC I guess . I drove a 260 mile round trip twice for my C3 .

HJG

Well-known user
Got some real nasty stone chips taken care of this week. Not cheap but well worth it. Now ACF 50 going all over the chrome. Next issue to tackle is to find and fit the door-stay spring as the drivers door is missing it and it is very annoying! Anybody had experience with this?20210321_183919.jpg

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Got some real nasty stone chips taken care of this week. Not cheap but well worth it. Now ACF 50 going all over the chrome. Next issue to tackle is to find and fit the door-stay spring as the drivers door is missing it and it is very annoying! Anybody had experience with this?View attachment 9919

looks like something that’s going to take your head off.

Reactions: HJG

mickn

CCCUK Member
Got some real nasty stone chips taken care of this week. Not cheap but well worth it. Now ACF 50 going all over the chrome. Next issue to tackle is to find and fit the door-stay spring as the drivers door is missing it and it is very annoying! Anybody had experience with this?View attachment 9919
I think the first thing you need to do is polish that car, it doesn't look anywhere near shiny enough in that photo :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

kentvette

CCCUK Member

Like Mick says, that needs a clean! :D :D

The door spring is pretty easy, f you get the tool. I got both springs and the tool from Scott at Corvette Kingdom. You do need to be sure you get the spring fully located - there is chat "on t'web" that they are too long, but you may find that it just needs to be properly slotted in. Then, just lever it around and tap it home. It took me all of ten minutes I think - plenty of time left afterwards for more polishing!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
That `s one real purdy looking car (y) It really looks the puppies bits :D Love the head light conversion too , would quite fancy doing that on mine .

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Peppermint oil, hadnt heard of thatπŸ‘ Just had a seat belt chewed by the mouse resident in my van , thats a deffo mot failure next week, belts not cheap either. 3 traps in there now , I had left a sacrificisl apple and a caramel wafer in there too to protect my seats 😩
Mouse update , after sucessfully banquetting on mature cheddar and peanut butter, both of which he skilfully extricated from the traps without tripping any of them, young mickey made the fatal error of returning to the scene of the crime , sniffing around one of the empty but still set traps he was despatched in a rather brutal fashionπŸ˜–

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Mouse update , after sucessfully banquetting on mature cheddar and peanut butter, both of which he skilfully extricated from the traps without tripping any of them, young mickey made the fatal error of returning to the scene of the crime , sniffing around one of the empty but still set traps he was despatched in a rather brutal fashionπŸ˜–

Aaw ! Poor little Mickey , mouse lives matter you know :ROFLMAO: . Mind you , I have been waging war with the little critters for over a year now as they get into the shed and chew my fishing kit . I permanently have peanut butter baited traps set up and have caught at least a dozen of the buggers but they still keep coming :mad:

HJG

Well-known user
That `s one real purdy looking car (y) It really looks the puppies bits :D Love the head light conversion too , would quite fancy doing that on mine .
Thanks!
I was not keen on the headlights when I first saw them but they've really grown on me. Also it means no vacuum system to worry about.
The conversion was done in the States, so unfortunately I don't have the full background.

HJG

Well-known user
Like Mick says, that needs a clean! :D :D

The door spring is pretty easy, f you get the tool. I got both springs and the tool from Scott at Corvette Kingdom. You do need to be sure you get the spring fully located - there is chat "on t'web" that they are too long, but you may find that it just needs to be properly slotted in. Then, just lever it around and tap it home. It took me all of ten minutes I think - plenty of time left afterwards for more polishing!
Haha I told myself several years ago to never buy a black car again... d'oh!
To be fair, the car came back from the bodyshop over at Pilgrim Motorports this weekend and was presented to me in amazing condition so I can't claim it as my work!
Thanks for info on the spring, I'll get cracking on that.

antijam

CCCUK Member
Aaw ! Poor little Mickey , mouse lives matter you know :ROFLMAO: . Mind you , I have been waging war with the little critters for over a year now as they get into the shed and chew my fishing kit . I permanently have peanut butter baited traps set up and have caught at least a dozen of the buggers but they still keep coming :mad:

I've just upped my firepower........

1-Cat.jpg

:devilish:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Thanks!
I was not keen on the headlights when I first saw them but they've really grown on me. Also it means no vacuum system to worry about.
The conversion was done in the States, so unfortunately I don't have the full background.
No bad thing junking the notoriously niggly vacuum system . I have rebuilt my vac system due to leaks and split actuator seals etc . They are still lazy though and one always comes up a bit before the other . As the nacelle mounted lights were used on racing C3`s I have often thought it would suite mine with its wide body and aero conversions .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Haha I told myself several years ago to never buy a black car again... d'oh!
To be fair, the car came back from the bodyshop over at Pilgrim Motorports this weekend and was presented to me in amazing condition so I can't claim it as my work!
Thanks for info on the spring, I'll get cracking on that.

I said the same thing donkey`s years ago when I bought my first black car , an Opel Manta GTE . A real bugger to keep clean and looking sharp . You can never just wash a black car without polishing it afterwards unless you can put up with horrible streaks all over it . Since then I have owned 4 more black cars and my wife is on her second !! Will I ever learn :unsure:

Roscobbc

Metallic black is even worse than solid black - the slightest bit of dirt and it looks like the surface is scratched as the metallic content tries to shine through any dirt on the surface - and if the surface has been 'mopped' any scratches on the surface left by careless work are permanently visible..........

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Metallic black is even worse than solid black - the slightest bit of dirt and it looks like the surface is scratched as the metallic content tries to shine through any dirt on the surface - and if the surface has been 'mopped' any scratches on the surface left by careless work are permanently visible..........
And guess what Roscob ? All the black cars I referred to , were or still are metallic 😒

Vette Drivin' Vader

CCCUK regional rep
Just fitted new Billstein shocks and Johnny O'Connell sway bars & adjustable end links on my C5 convertible..... WOW!! for around Β£1,000 the transformation is EPIC, the handling is awsome, all ready for some track days later in the year. HIGHLY recommend these upgrades. The level of confidence in the road holding now is astonishing, this coupled with the brake disc upgrade last year and I'm confident I'll be keeping up with some of my far more expensive and exotic competition.πŸ‘