Wheel repairs and coating

Blackzed

CCCUK Member
I've attached some photos of my original wheels which I took off a long time ago. I'm wondering if the bent one is repairable, able to be straightened etc. I would think the kerbed one would be easy enough to do. The barrels are easy enough to put right, they would just need dechromed and filled etc.
Any comments appreciated guys.DSC_0057.JPGDSC_0049.JPGDSC_0057.JPGDSC_0049.JPGDSC_0048.JPGDSC_0051.JPGDSC_0052.JPGDSC_0055.JPGDSC_0048.JPG

Jack Cooper

Well-known user
I'm no wheel-repair expert, but firms like Lepsons and 'My Alloys' would certainly be able to help. Lepsons are in Kent (Chatham?) and My Alloys are in Basingstoke. No doubt there are other organisations north of the U.K. 'Mason Dixon' Line (Bristol-London). I think my main concern would be the structural integrity of the wheels - how hard were they hit? Was it a heavy prang or just a slight kerbing?
J.C. (1911)

Blackzed

CCCUK Member
I believe the bent one was only due to having runflats on and the impact came through the sidewall. Probably the usual pothole damage. It was running ok until I bought new tyres and wheels. I only took them off due to the pitting and corrosion.