White tyre lettering

Roscobbc

I'm kinda neutral re. white lettering on tyres - Chuffer's is fine - sorta understated on a not exactly conservative looking car (y)

Hands up :unsure: I may have had a taste 'bypass' in my relative youth.........mid/late 70's and my AMC Javelin had 'big 'n' littles' as was the dome thing at that time. Had traction bars on the rear end painted (as a contrast to the red body.cream vinyl roof) in a Oxford blue colour........also painted the letters on the General Grabber tyres the same colour.......
31-01-2009Javelin.jpg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Luuurv that car ! The Javelin is uch a rare car in the UK these days . Think I might pass on the blue lettering though ! :unsure:
I am glad you discribed my Vette as "not very conservative looking " , wouldn`t want to be mistaken for a Boris loving Tory supporter . :LOL:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, them old Javelins are indeed a rare beast today. I personally think a nice set of General Grabbers would set the car off lovely. I prefer the later model with the flared front wings similar to the C3 Corvette of the day. Saw a old episode of the sweeney the other day, and a silver one was used quite a lot in it. Think it was a AMX.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Yes, them old Javelins are indeed a rare beast today. I personally think a nice set of General Grabbers would set the car off lovely. I prefer the later model with the flared front wings similar to the C3 Corvette of the day. Saw a old episode of the sweeney the other day, and a silver one was used quite a lot in it. Think it was a AMX.
Ah ! The Sweeney , a proper un PC cops and robbers series . " Your`e nicked son " . Aw ! leave it aught Guv !

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
And if you want some type of accent change instead of the lettering on tires
there is a product that comes in a roll and can be gotten in different colors
It is a bead that has an adhesive you install right near the edge of the rim, I did like 8 years ago and
once on, only using a heat gun will get them off and handles all types of weather and even pressure washing car

Rebel998.jpg

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Love the red or white pin stripes on the earlier C3`s , looks so period cool . I know I am biased but like the white lettering look on later C3 `s as well as on C2s . I am aware of the `browning off ` issues on some white lettering but thankfully not had that problem on mine . I do occasionaly use Bleche White to keep them `tarted up ` . View attachment 14994
Wow! Yours looks great chuffer, did you fit the kit and have it painted 😍

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Just looking on eBay.com, and found this rather jazzy 79 for sale.
I must admit I really like it. Time to get the old krugerrand on a chain out. Suddenly I’m Medallion man again.9FFD5C64-574E-44EE-ADDA-741D35B2F58F.jpegD8CE7B7F-12E9-4E67-93C5-1DB442C1C8D7.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, me to. I love it. The color looks lovely and the stripe soo 70’s. Not over keen on the wheels, but I could live with them. It wouldn’t like the speed bumps tho.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Wonder how long before someone driving it hits that front end into a curb up front when parking it or goes up a driveway that slopes downhill ?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Wonder how long before someone driving it hits that front end into a curb up front when parking it or goes up a driveway that slopes downhill ?
I have had a couple of near misses on curbs with mine and did scrape the underside edge of the splitter when backing off a mates drive !! :(

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The car came over from a 27 year stay Japan fully kitted , fitted and painted as seen .
They do like a modified car out there. Bound to get a scrape on the front at some time or another when it’s that low.
Not too bad if it’s just a scrape on the underside with no visible damage topside.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
They do like a modified car out there. Bound to get a scrape on the front at some time or another when it’s that low.
Not too bad if it’s just a scrape on the underside with no visible damage topside.
They do indeed like their mods over there . I can well imagine it being a Midnight Society street racer in down town Tokyo . I still keep finding bits of sushi in the upholstery ! :ROFLMAO: